British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Ozzy1977

Isle of Man coin catalogue

Afternoon all.  I am looking for a catalogue for the coins of the Isle of man, notes also. 

Many thanks

Chris

Welcome to the forum!

There may be others but for the older stuff I use the Coincraft book "The coins of Scotland, Ireland, Channel Islands and the Isle of Man" published in 1999. The more modern stuff is well covered in Krause, but then you are getting coins from all over the World too.

Ah, there is a coin shop on Man, and I forgot the name. The proprietor has written an excellent book that is a bit expensive that I mean to get one day. I'll see if I can find more in the next day or two....

36 minutes ago, VickySilver said:

The proprietor has written an excellent book that is a bit expensive that I mean to get one day. I'll see if I can find more in the next day or two....

Alan Kelly?

The best reference I can think of is Charles Clay’s “Currency of the Isle of Man FROM ITS EARLIEST APPEARANCE TO ITS ASSIMILATION WITH, THE BRITISH COINAGE IN 1840; WITH THE Laws and other Circumstances connected with its History”

Happily this is available for no money:

http://www.isle-of-man.com/manxnotebook/manxsoc/msvol17/index.htm#contents

Mal’s IOM site is also very useful: 

https://sites.google.com/site/malsiom/home-1?authuser=0

For coins only, Pridmore’s ”The Coins of the British Commonwealth of Nations to the end of the reign of George VI 1952 - Part 1: European Territories” should also prove useful. 

Yes it's Alan Kelly and the shop is Mannin Collections Ltd  A quick google search shows it's closed now

Do you know what book VS is referring to Will? It’s not one I’m familiar with. 

5 minutes ago, mrbadexample said:

Do you know what book VS is referring to Will? It’s not one I’m familiar with. 

The only one I can recall at present is 'Isle of Man paper money' co written with someone but not sure who

I think Popjoy Mint produced a catalogue a few years ago

10 hours ago, davidrj said:

I think Popjoy Mint produced a catalogue a few years ago

If it's the volume I'm thinking about, it was inaccurate at the time of publishing and never corrected.

Ah, found it at lexicon books:

Lexiconbookshop.co.im

Mike Southall

Coins of the Isle of Man L29.95 plus shipping 

Anyone know where you can get the mintages of the modern decimal IOM coins please?

It does at least give you the idea of whats rare and whats not

Edited by copper123

I believe that Southall reference above will cover what is known or at least published. Many of the Pobjoy figures seem to not be accurate at least with respect to the Viking On Horseback issues.

Unfortunately I am getting a figure of over 51 quid net to ship this book to the States. If anybody knows of a better source for book, do let me know.

Edited by VickySilver