British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Ozzy1977

cataloging app

Hi, I was wondering if there is an app to catalogue pre decimal coins, similar to the check your change one.  I can only find american ones.  I did look in to making one but that just gave me a headache.

It's easy enough to do, using something like Excel - just have column headings for e.g. denomination, date, condition, variety, perhaps reign, date acquired, where from, price paid, and you can always add more column headings later. You could have a separate worksheet for pictures.

To sort by any criterion, you'd just click that column heading, and Bob's your mum's brother.

I don't know of any particular app (I created my own bespoke solution using a database manager) but post again in the relevant forum, e.g. Free For All and I'm sure someone will help.

On 8/28/2018 at 4:43 PM, Ozzy1977 said:

I did look in to making one but that just gave me a headache.

I would imagine many people before you, and probably many afterwards thinking exactly the same thing.

Where do you start, what do you include, and what should you exclude if anything - surely variety collectors shouldn't be penalised.

How much time do you have on your hands.....

I use a Database called Collectany, if you search around on the Forum you should find some references to it. It is pretty straight forward to set up provided you think about what you want at the beginning and the main reason I use it you can stick pictures into the fields.