British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Richard2

Edward IV York mint penny

Afternoon guys, can anyone throw some light on this penny I dug at the weekend. I think I can make out a rose on the Kings breast, does anyone else see a rose or something else? The obverse at the crown area seems to be double struck and there appears to be something to the right of his head, which I suppose could be a result of the double strike. Also the mm looks vaugley like a rose. With these marks I can’t pin it down to a specific type. Can you help.

Thanks Richard 

74565517-C95D-4291-ACA1-C471C982D73F.jpeg

46AB7335-B6B0-4BA6-9349-5804BFCC11DB.jpeg

• Like 1

I think you are spot on Richard with the description . I make it Spink 2131 (vacant see).

Edited by Ukstu
  • Like 1

Thanks Stu , haven’t got my book handy at the mo but did they mint penny’s at York with rose on breast? I seem to recall when looking yesterday I couldnt find one, could be totally wrong though 

Just googled it and yes your right , thanks mate. Don’t know how I missed it

Your welcome. Nice find.