British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
PWA 1967

LCA September

4 minutes ago, jelida said:

Who is “Cardiff”, Bob?

Jerry

Its were a penny collector lives Jerry who buys all the scarce / rare ones.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PWA 1967 said:

Its were a penny collector lives Jerry who buys all the scarce / rare ones.

Thanks Pete, do we know any more about him? He doesn’t seem known to the South Wales Numismatic Society I attend, must make some enquiries.

Jerry

PS thanks for the info, sorted.

Edited by jelida
Updated
  • Like 1

...or Scotland Bob

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jelida said:

Who is “Cardiff”, Bob?

Jerry

Jerry, I'd rather not say because I don't have his permission to do so. I only mentioned the Principality, so to draw attention to the fact what area he comes from. A couple of the Forum Members know who he is, but I don't think I should announce his name. Nothing personal, believe me....

6 hours ago, secret santa said:

I did have a close look at this one in hand and it isn't that much better than the others plus it's got a nasty gouge on the queen's face. It's not as nice as the one you sold Bob.

Santa, is the LCA coin (1877ND) one that you already have on your coin listing? 

2 hours ago, Colin88 said:

...or Scotland Bob

Colin, it is odd that you mention Scotland...when I was offering my coin for sale, I was told by another Forum Member, that Laurie Bamford had found out about a 1877 ND that was supposed to be in VF condition in Edinburgh. He made a appointment to see the coin, but when he got there, the person "couldn't" find it. Makes a good story, but...? If there does happen to be a 1877 ND in VF, it probably is the best known example!

1 hour ago, RLC35 said:

Santa, is the LCA coin (1877ND) one that you already have on your coin listing? 

Yes, the last example on the page.

• Like 1

What did it go for again? I have heard no bargains to be had - SURPRISE!