British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Madness

1787 Shilling & 1797 Penny

I'd like to buy the following:

A 1787 shilling, GEF or better

A 1787 sixpence, GEF or better

A 1797 penny, GEF or better

A 1797 twopenny coin, GEF or better

Please let me know if you have any of the above that you want to sell.

I am going to start selling more of my collection for the charity on ebay.  I try to raise about £1000 a month for them and I am sure I can take a look and show you some 

15 minutes ago, Madness said:

I'd like to buy the following:

A 1787 shilling, GEF or better

A 1787 sixpence, GEF or better

A 1797 penny, GEF or better

A 1797 twopenny coin, GEF or better

Please let me know if you have any of the above that you want to sell.

I am going to start listing them on the madaboutartcharity  ebay site but happy f you are interested you let me know give me a day or two and I will load up a load of coins.  I have far too many of the things and the need is greater than my own and if there really are no lions and Lambs then ...well time to start selling.  One of the kids lost his father n October, then brother went to the bush and died of a botched circumcision  now last night his mother died .... so I am wanting to raise money for his education costs and enable one of the MADmums to foster him.  I detest orphanages and I have to admit that little Ase was always one of my favourites.  I make the public statement now that I want to back and make my little contribution.

Certainly I have a 2 pence and a one penny you might like I have a half guinea too which I am happy to donate ....this terrible news has galvanised me into action 

• Like 1

That's awesome!  Thank you @DrLarry.  Please let me know how much you would like for each of them, including the half guinea.  Thinking of collecting George III as well as Proclamation Coins.  I will need some time to save, but if you could hold them aside it would be much appreciated.  

I really admire what I have read about your charity work.  It is only by accident of birth that we are not living in third world countries.  The privileged have the privilege of sharing with those in need.   We are desensitised to much horror because of the hourly influx of world news.  And yet, much of it is entirely overlooked by most outlets.  God bless you.  

Edit - When my partial refund arrives for the guinea fiasco it won't be long before I'm in the position to buy the first of these coins.

Edited by Madness

Sorry @DrLarry.  Could you please provide images before I commit to buy?  I should have learnt my lesson from recent experience.  That said, I trust you much more than I would some eBay rando.  

15 minutes ago, Madness said:

Sorry @DrLarry.  Could you please provide images before I commit to buy?  I should have learnt my lesson from recent experience.  That said, I trust you much more than I would some eBay rando.  

yeah there is no hurry and of course this is only an option I am not saying you will like what I list but I will pick one or two out and I will post them up on here for you.  I prefer to put them on charity site then at least the money goes direct into their account I sell a lot of my own then gift aid the money back ...they dont pay ebay or paypal fees so it makes it safer for all concerned that way....  If I can't make something out of this obsession then I have done something wrong and to be honest it is more about selling things than keeping things.  

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this