British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Madness

Stuff to Make Us Laugh

'Tis but a scratch!"

Clasic one liner .

Bet boris said this after going into hospital with covid

Edited by copper123

According to the papers, Boris Johnson appeared to shout "not even a flesh wound" in response to the jibe.

You just got to laugh!

You remember those poor kids he nearly killed playing rugby - would have needed a real serious apology to some parents for that

• Haha 1

index.jpg

Here is the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBt8AoLBCoo

• Like 1

he he.jpg

• Haha 4

20 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

he he.jpg

Don't stop till you get enough then beat it

• Haha 1

On 7/4/2022 at 9:45 PM, 1949threepence said:

he he.jpg

That reminds me - I must get my niece Billie-Jean to open a Halifax account.

• Haha 2

larry.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, 1949threepence said:

larry.jpg

He'll soon deal with the cabinet rats as they enter the building.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

larry.jpg

Yes, but he had to suddenly hand in a shock resignation as Downing Street cat first. But don't worry - Nadine Dorries has got his position.. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

https://metro.co.uk/2022/07/08/nadine-dorries-could-join-tory-leadership-race-16970021/

Seriously? Might be running for cover would make a lot more sense ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Sword said:

https://metro.co.uk/2022/07/08/nadine-dorries-could-join-tory-leadership-race-16970021/

Seriously? Might be running for cover would make a lot more sense ...

Oh lord - another to add to the list of absolute no-no's : Liz Truss and Cruella Braverman being already there.

On 7/8/2022 at 9:27 PM, Peckris 2 said:

Yes, but he had to suddenly hand in a shock resignation as Downing Street cat first. But don't worry - Nadine Dorries has got his position.. :lol:

Catching rats?

She will be busy then............

• Haha 1

Ok- this sent by a client in Ontario.

I'm still laughing.

Don't watch if you can't cope with swearing....

Bye Bye Boris - YouTube.webloc

• Haha 1

"Prime minister asks Speaker to nominate 'acceptable' new PM". BBC news!

And I thought it was impossible for Boris to develop a guilty conscience. 

Then I realised the headline was actually referring to the very serious situation in Sri Lanka.

Edited by Sword
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

BUT HE REALLY DID GET BREXIT DONE  (The one honest thing he really promised)

Loved the bits about him shagging though , this would have been a minus to a politician in the sixties but somehow fifty years later people sort of admire him for it....

It also means his partners will never trust him and know he's always after sticking his Johnson, somewhere he should not be.

Edited by copper123
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, copper123 said:

BUT HE REALLY DID GET BREXIT DONE  (The one honest thing he really promised)

Loved the bits about him shagging though , this would have been a minus to a politician in the sixties but somehow fifty years later people sort of admire him for it....

It also means his partners will never trust him and know he's always after sticking it somewhere he should not be.

Ok. Name me one benefit Brexit has delivered?

• Like 1

It was a promise I did not say I agreed with it, or thought it would do the country any good , the one good  thing is that europe cannot be blamed by anyone for all the counries ills

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Peckris 2 said:

Ok. Name me one benefit Brexit has delivered?

The ability to negotiate our own deals on Covid vaccines ?

8 minutes ago, secret santa said:

Moderna

This company generated nearly $6bn of sales from its Covid-19 vaccine in the first half of the year, achieving a $4bn net profit – the first half-year profit since the firm was founded in Massachusetts in 2010.

Moderna has signed $20bn worth of vaccine contracts this year, including that for 17m doses to the UK, 460m to the EU and 500m to the US. It expects to produce up to 1bn jabs this year, followed by 2bn-3bn in 2022.

Pfizer/BioNTech

Sales worth $11.3bn (£8bn) were made by Pfizer in the first half of this year from the Covid-19 jab that it developed with Germany’s BioNTech. In July it lifted its 2021 sales forecast to $33.5bn.

BioNTech expects to make revenues of nearly €16bn (£13.5bn) from the vaccine this year, as its first-half net profit jumped to almost €4bn from €142m a year earlier.

The two firms have agreed to supply up to 1.8bn doses to the EU from December up to 2023, on top of 600m doses previously ordered this year. The US government has ordered 700m up to April next year for Americans, as well as 500m for donations to the poorest nations.

Pfizer and BioNTech are aiming to produce 3bn jabs this year and 4bn next year. They are now charging the EU €19.50 per jab, up from €15.50 in the first procurement deal, the Financial Times reported. The UK is also reportedly paying more than previously, about £22 a shot for 35m doses for next year’s autumn booster campaign.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, secret santa said:

Absolutely,  about a month ahead of the rest of Europe in approving and implementing vaccine rollout utilising the effective and vastly cheaper Astro-Zeneca vaccine, and more expensive alternatives where clinically indicated. Despite adverse National factors such as ethnic make-up, population density,  multi centre seeding etc our NHS was not overwhelmed unlike Italy, and Spain amongst others and over the pandemic as a whole we are in the middle ground compared to other European countries in per capita mortality and were able to open up economically much earlier. Professor David Spiegelhalter, who I saw at the Hay Festival,  acknowledged this as being a UK success story.

Jerry

• Like 2

One point I would like to add regarding Astro Zeneca, They made no profit and supplied several other countries, The EU also tried blocking vital ingredients and supplies to the UK for not giving it to them the vaccine before others, even to the extent of blocking Italy sending out stockpiles to other countries.

• Like 1