British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Madness

Stuff to Make Us Laugh

Forgive me if you have heard this one before:

A man walks into a cafe, takes a seat at a table and starts reading the menu. After a few minutes the waitress approaches: "What will you have?" she asks.

"I'll have a quickie," he replies confidently.

She scowls and stomps off. After a few minutes she returns and demands: "Are you ready to order now?"

"Yes - I'd like a quickie please," he replies.

She thumps the table and storms off angrily. Soon the manager sends her back. "Ok - are you ready to make a sensible order now?" she says angrily.

"May I please have a quickie?" he asks plaintively.

"Right, I'm calling the police!" she shouts.

At this point the man at the next table leans over helpfully and says: "I think you'll find that is pronounced "Quiche"!".

• Haha 4

Not sure if this is a laugh or a cry, but the term "20 20 vision" will take on a whole new meaning after this year!

• Like 1

On 3/20/2020 at 10:00 PM, Paddy said:

Forgive me if you have heard this one before:

A man walks into a cafe, takes a seat at a table and starts reading the menu. After a few minutes the waitress approaches: "What will you have?" she asks.

"I'll have a quickie," he replies confidently.

She scowls and stomps off. After a few minutes she returns and demands: "Are you ready to order now?"

"Yes - I'd like a quickie please," he replies.

She thumps the table and storms off angrily. Soon the manager sends her back. "Ok - are you ready to make a sensible order now?" she says angrily.

"May I please have a quickie?" he asks plaintively.

"Right, I'm calling the police!" she shouts.

At this point the man at the next table leans over helpfully and says: "I think you'll find that is pronounced "Quiche"!".

Amusingly, my father told this story to a couple in their 60s a few years back. At the punchline the wife laughed uproariously but the husband just looked puzzled. On questioning he admitted that he had no idea what a "Quickie" was!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Paddy said:

Amusingly, my father told this story to a couple in their 60s a few years back. At the punchline the wife laughed uproariously but the husband just looked puzzled. On questioning he admitted that he had no idea what a "Quickie" was!

A well satisfied wife, I assume...

• Haha 2

**WARNING**

There's a link going around for a LIVE STREAM to U2 doing a live gig in Bono's home. 

DO NOT CLICK THE LINK - it will take you to a live stream of U2 doing a live gig in Bono's home.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

A man told his wife that she is painting her eyebrows too high. She looks surprised. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Danelaw said:

**WARNING**

There's a link going around for a LIVE STREAM to U2 doing a live gig in Bono's home. 

DO NOT CLICK THE LINK - it will take you to a live stream of U2 doing a live gig in Bono's home.

• Haha 2

I got bored this week, and made this, and posted it to a mate, and he was rather concerned at first...

P1040089.thumb.jpeg.b60ad10e2e699098e1b83ddbdb96a56c.jpeg

Edited by blakeyboy
speling
  • Haha 1

I just asked my wife to put on a nurses uniform.

She said "Are you feeling frisky?"

I replied "No, we need bread."

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Do you know the difference between Abu Dhabi residents and  Dubai residents?

People from Dubai don't like The Flintstones. People from Abu Dhabi do.

• Haha 5

90795627_10219712981632861_7954394417056448512_n.jpg.38d0376745848a5c6601ec31373a38d2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

33266.jpeg

• Haha 1

I went upstairs today, and had a look around.

Good exercise, and it's nice to get out.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, blakeyboy said:

I went upstairs today, and had a look around.

Good exercise, and it's nice to get out.

Well I was really adventurous. I went into the back garden and picked up some rubbish that Storm Jorge had blown in several weeks ago. Thought, that's my exercise quota, and then some, for the day.  

And relax....deep blue ocean, deep blue ocean....:)

toiletroll.jpg

• Haha 1

I just threw a ball for my dog...a bit over the top but he was 21 today.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

With this ban on sport, I'm really missing playing in goal for my local football team - it's the only way I can keep a clean sheet at my age......

• Haha 4

My mates been a flasher for over 10 years by trade.

He's thought about giving it up recently but has decided to stick it out another year

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Nice one Sword. To add realism it should be worn for a few years to get some nice tatty frayed holes in it. 

It's not that surprising why Mary and Joseph couldn't find room at an inn..  hotels get really busy around Christmas time.

Are there a lot of first-person singular objective pronouns in English or it is just me?

Why is October 4th a trucker's favorite day?  Because it's a big 10-4 good buddy!

Dr. Dre may not be a real doctor, but he's performed hundreds of hip hop orations. 

People are shocked when they find out what a bad electrician I am.

Charles Dickens orders a martini. The bartender smiles a big, smug, 'aren't-I-clever smile' and asks, "Olive or twist?"

I can't believe they haven't come up with a cure for world hunger yet. I thought it'd be a piece of cake.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Diaconis said:

It's not that surprising why Mary and Joseph couldn't find room at an inn..  hotels get really busy around Christmas time.

Are there a lot of first-person singular objective pronouns in English or it is just me?

Why is October 4th a trucker's favorite day?  Because it's a big 10-4 good buddy!

Dr. Dre may not be a real doctor, but he's performed hundreds of hip hop orations. 

People are shocked when they find out what a bad electrician I am.

Charles Dickens orders a martini. The bartender smiles a big, smug, 'aren't-I-clever smile' and asks, "Olive or twist?"

I can't believe they haven't come up with a cure for world hunger yet. I thought it'd be a piece of cake.

We should have a "Groan" reaction for this section of the forum...

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Diaconis said:

Nice one Sword. To add realism it should be worn for a few years to get some nice tatty frayed holes in it. 

I vaguely remember watching (at least a part) of the film, Dear John, and the following conversation has somewhat stuck in my mind:

John the teenager: All the way up to Wooster for another coin show. l'm just--No, l'm not doing that.

His Father: You're going to one every weekend now.

John: Oh, that's good. l love warm milk. That's nice. [sarcastically] . You spend all of our money on coins. Get a fricking fridge that works.

Thankfully, none of us are so obsessive here. 🙂 

Edited by Sword
  • Haha 2