British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Madness

Stuff to Make Us Laugh

Oh yeah!!!!!   Fatty Owls!!!!!

Thinking about it, given the coincidental timing of the program and my graduation, that might have provided the inspiration.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bronze & Copper Collector said:

Reminds me of the constantly changing sign in Fawlty Towers.....

Timeless British sitcom. Never fail to make me laugh no matter how many times I have watched it. Some of the signs:

1906619638_temp-Copy.jpg.0141553900c75868f5c0504215a27fbf.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, blakeyboy said:

A few years ago I just had to do this to a sign in Kidderminster with some black tape.

I couldn't resist.

In

There's a road here called "Anker Street " - you can imagine the number of times over the years that various bods have written a W in front. They've now installed the street name with absolutely no space in front of the W 😉

Edited by 1949threepence
  • Haha 1

Years ago, when I played hockey every Saturday, we were sometimes a man short and the opposition would lend us a spare player. A colleague of mine who wrote the match reports would always refer to the borrowed player as "Bill Anchor" in the match report and his name would appear as W Anchor in the team listing at the end. Our local paper never spotted it and we had many a chuckle seeing it in print.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1775668867_w-Copy.thumb.jpg.cbd41e3dbdf3de5ef950d0ef4c51e691.jpg

Incredibly difficult to find! 

Also look at the edge of the coin :-) Come on, make an effort with the photography.

£95 p + p

• Haha 1

I thought this was supposed to be "Stuff to make us laugh" thread". That one makes me pretty angry!

Con merchants like that are causing untold damage to our hobby. When someone who has fallen for such an ad finds out how badly he has been taken for a ride, it is likely to kill his coin collecting urge dead.

• Like 1

It's analogous to Ebay laughs. People can only find offerings like this if they do a Google search. Then they will immediately get dozens of people trying to sell the same thing for a tiny percentage of the price. There is also a "30 day money back guarantee" on offer which should come in handy. 

8 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

There's a road here called "Anker Street " - you can imagine the number of times over the years that various bods have written a W in front. They've now installed the street name with absolutely no space in front of the W 😉

No space in front of the W ? Well, that's ok then! 😄

• Haha 1

I have just noticed  - I think I just, without knowing, kicked Rob into 2000 reputation territory......respect.....

16 minutes ago, blakeyboy said:

I have just noticed  - I think I just, without knowing, kicked Rob into 2000 reputation territory......respect.....

Remarkable. How can so much drivel be written by just one person? Must stop wittering.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Sword said:

Timeless British sitcom. Never fail to make me laugh no matter how many times I have watched it. Some of the signs:

1906619638_temp-Copy.jpg.0141553900c75868f5c0504215a27fbf.jpg

Love it...

A classic. ...

The only memorable Xmas card I received this year:

Angina Red.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Hugh Grant was discovered getting a bl0w j0b in an LA taxi. He pleaded guilty to indecent behaviour in a public place, and asked for soixante-huit other offences to be taken into consideration.

Edited by Peckris 2
  • Haha 2

On 12/25/2019 at 10:04 PM, Peckris 2 said:

Hugh Grant was discovered getting a bl0w j0b in an LA taxi. He pleaded guilty to indecent behaviour in a public place, and asked for soixante-huit other offences to be taken into consideration.

A few years ago a Chinese take-away in Wigston, Leicester, had Shrimp & Mushrooms at 69 on the list.

• Haha 1

1709721592_1-Copy.thumb.JPG.ed3ed456c2ef38b294ec761c96c3a60f.JPG

Should be "Sacred" of course. But then, who wouldn't be scared if you are having a heart operation?

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Sword said:

Should be "Sacred" of course. But then, who wouldn't be scared if you are having a heart operation?

Ain't Photoshop wonderful!

26 minutes ago, Peckris 2 said:

Ain't Photoshop wonderful!

This mistake is actually quite common. You can find a number of examples if you Google. E.g. https://www.nhp.gov.in/hospital/scared-heart-hospital-delhi-north-delhi

The sign in my photo wasn't altered by Photoshop. It was actually taken from the screenshot of a movie. 

Edited by Sword

8 hours ago, Sword said:

The sign in my photo wasn't altered by Photoshop. It was actually taken from the screenshot of a movie. 

99 times out of 100 it's Photoshop. But there's always the odd one.

On 12/22/2019 at 9:45 PM, blakeyboy said:

A few years ago I just had to do this to a sign in Kidderminster with some black tape.

I couldn't resist.

This is the name of a residential street in Rowley Regis, West Midlands - Bell End

• Haha 2

In the Seventies I had to take a friend to hospital in West Wales- and there were two signs by a low doorway that said

" Psychiatry Department"

and

"Please mind your head"

My friend Simon almost got expelled for removing a letter from every Fire Alarm sign in his school so they read:

"In case of fire, contact a  ember of staff"

• Haha 1

In Erdington, I am never sure whether to straddle the middle of the two lanes or veer from one to the other. :unsure:

Use both lanes.JPG

• Haha 3

This was a real sign outside a Liverpool optician's:

Funny sign.jpg

"Right, can you make out any letters on the bottom line?"

"No, but I can spell out the letters that have been stolen..."

Edited by Peckris 2
  • Haha 1

Brisbane Courier  Mail 31/01

untitled.jpg

Edited by ozjohn
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

A bit of a strange day today!

First I found a cap full of coins, then I got chased up the road with a bloke with a guitar

• Haha 2