British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Madness

Stuff to Make Us Laugh

Is that the same Joliffe who collaborated with Terry Pratchett on a hilarious book about cats? (The Unadulterated Cat??)

42 minutes ago, Peckris 2 said:

Is that the same Joliffe who collaborated with Terry Pratchett on a hilarious book about cats? (The Unadulterated Cat??)

I think it must be, although his Wikipedia entry makes no mention of that book, when you search on Amazon the title comes up with both Terry Pratchett and Gray Jolliffe on the cover.

GJ is best known (apparently) for his Wicked Willie series...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Paddy said:

GJ is best known (apparently) for his Wicked Willie series...

:lol:

OK, it's not that funny, but was worth buying.......

MUG.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

There's one like that for crows and vultures:

KEEP CALM AND CARRION

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Across the road from Liverpool's glorious Philharmonic Hall (saw T.Rex there in 1971, 60p!)

Phonetics has a lot to answer for…..

IMG_20190222_113355.jpg

• Like 1

On 16 June 2019 at 11:50 AM, Michael-Roo said:

EYE 1.jpeg

Damn - we're out of Dope! :lol:

• Like 1

Just as well.

Unfortunately, there's still an abundance of twat.

Edited by Michael-Roo
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Michael-Roo said:

Across the road from Liverpool's glorious Philharmonic Hall (saw T.Rex there in 1971, 60p!)

Phonetics has a lot to answer for…..

IMG_20190222_113355.jpg

Pretty poor show there. Where are the missing possessive apostrophe's (sic)

10 hours ago, Michael-Roo said:

Just as well.

Unfortunately, there's still an abundance of twat.

reminded me of a funny quote from an old 80’s film starring Kathleen Turner,  “although we may run out of Panam coffee, we shall never run out of TWA tea”

10 hours ago, Diaconis said:

reminded me of a funny quote from an old 80’s film starring Kathleen Turner,  “although we may run out of Panam coffee, we shall never run out of TWA tea”

1829885715_FarageTWAT!!.jpg.675455ecd3afa27e20eb778a21344d77.jpg

• Haha 3

Not sure if 'laugh' is right, but hey-ho, tug your forelock and know your place.

• Like 1

Yes, I've seen that several times before. What's particularly disturbing is the weight of Tory members that know he's a complete dick, but just don't care.

Edited by Peckris 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Peckris 2 said:

Yes, I've seen that several times before. What's particularly disturbing is the weight of Tory members that know he's a complete dick, but just don't care.

You're quite right Chris, even the police being called because neighbours hear a woman screaming; 'Get off me!!' doesn't seem to bother them. If it were a man living on your road you'd avoid him.

And the sheaves of unpaid parking tickets? Laws are for the oiks.

BTW: no idea how that clip came to be loaded twice and with so much white space between them. Could someone in admin fix this please?

18 hours ago, Michael-Roo said:

You're quite right Chris, even the police being called because neighbours hear a woman screaming; 'Get off me!!' doesn't seem to bother them. If it were a man living on your road you'd avoid him.

And the sheaves of unpaid parking tickets? Laws are for the oiks.

BTW: no idea how that clip came to be loaded twice and with so much white space between them. Could someone in admin fix this please?

Allegedly.....none of us have heard this recording yet. The neighbours who supposedly recorded it are left wing activists - not exactly neutral - and if they'd been that concerned they'd have handed the recording to the police, rather than a newspaper. 

Another point, raised by a local, is the fact that all the property in that area is old, with very thick walls. Accordingly it's not easy to hear much through them, and what does come through is muffled. It needs thin walls to be able to make out individual words, even if shouted. 

I don't much like Johnson either, but I'm reserving judgement until (and if) the Guardian publish that recording in their e version.    

Firstly, the fact that an argument was recorded by a supposedly uninterested third party immediately leads one to question the motive. Neither I nor anyone I know is in the habit of taping next door's conversations/discussions/arguments. Maybe the chattering classes, or 'Angry of Islington' are concerned about what goes on in private, but the majority surely aren't.

Secondly, given the political leanings of most newspapers, the reasons for publishing are always circumspect and invariably require the neutral observer to question anything at face value. The content is designed to attract a certain viewpoint and the letters or material offered for inclusion will be similarly aligned. The Grauniad isn't alone in this matter as the right wing section of the press is similarly supplied with news not worthy of the name. Social media, newspapers or your circle of friends are all biased towards the human preference for living in an echo chamber.

• Like 3

What irritates me is that the media are referring to this alleged row as though it was a hard indisputable fact, whereas all we have to go on are the utterings of extremely biased neighbours, clearly intent on stirring up trouble for Johnson, and no confirmation or otherwise from Johnson himself.

Now he has momentum trash demonstrating outside his house. They should be dispersed by force, and if they don't go, arrest them and chuck them in prison 

Prove it or shut up.

How do you get

"none of us have heard this recording yet. The neighbours who supposedly recorded it are left wing activists - not exactly neutral"

from Mr. Penn's only public utterance on the subject

"I, along with a lot of my neighbours all across London, voted to remain within the EU. That is the extent of my involvement in politics."

This topic is supposed to be "Stuff to make us laugh" but seems to have veered once more into the very unfunny political arena.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Yes, we've seen some wonderful Viz adverts, but I'm putting this up because the last paragraph about sharing your information

was clearly dreamt up by a genius in a pub.

Screen-Shot-2016-03-12-at-15_18_49.png.1b609d19036d8a5ba9824193ebe6459e.png

Screen-Shot-2016-03-12-at-15_18_49.thumb.jpg.f5e4aa89b26d0c78256c726d110d09c2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

This should me re-named "memes" lol

16 hours ago, thazz said:

This should me re-named "memes" lol

Maybe,  but only if were 15.

On 6/18/2019 at 10:46 PM, Peckris 2 said:

Damn - we're out of Dope! :lol:

FFFB.jpg

• Haha 2