British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Unfortunately, advancing age and the lack of a suitable heir compels me to divest myself of my copper and bronze coin collection. I’ve selected Heritage Galleries as my selling agent, and they have put together a “monthly auction” that cherry picks the collection’s farthings, halfpennies, and pennies.

If you’re interested in high quality, certified specimens of numerous dates and die varieties, have a look at the Heritage website presentation of my collection.

Edited by cathrine
Typo error
  • Like 2

What a fantastic collection a hat off for putting them together and quality.I was going to say good luck but dont think you will need it as they will sell themselves 😶

Edited by PWA 1967

Some very nice pieces there, and one of the best copper 1/2d runs that I've seen in a while. Very Nice!

I saw this on the Heritage site and had a look through the catalogue. Lovely collection. Well done!

So, will these coins be sent from the US or England ? It makes a huge difference to the shipping costs.

• Like 1

All I can say is "wow", what a collection !

The 1860 UNC (not that far off BU) mule penny interests me greatly, but I fear I would be blown out of the water on bidding.

By the way the link is here for convenience.

• Like 2

I am struggling to find the page on the Heritage website that tells me how much their charges are. Could some one let me know please.

thank you.

Also what a great collection👍 But also sorry that you are selling it, it must have taken many years to build😢

Edited by IanB

11 minutes ago, IanB said:

I am struggling to find the page on the Heritage website that tells me how much their charges are. Could some one let me know please.

thank you.

Also what a great collection👍 But also sorry that you are selling it, it must have taken many years to build😢

Buyer’s Premium: 2. All bids are subject to a Buyer’s Premium which is in addition to the placed successful bid: • Fifteen percent (15%) on Domain Names & Intellectual Property Auction lots; • Twenty percent (20%) on Animation Art, Comic, Currency, Movie Posters, Sports Collectibles, US Coin, and World & Ancient Coin Auction Lots; • Twenty-three percent (23%) on Wine Auction lots; • For lots in all other categories not listed above, the Buyer’s Premium per lot is twenty-five percent (25%) on the first $250,000, plus twenty percent (20%) of any amount between $250,000 and $2,500,000, plus twelve percent (12%) of any amount over $2,500,000. • Minimum Buyer’s Premium per lot is $19, except for Sports Collectibles lots wherein the Buyer’s Premium is $14 per lot. A

There you go, Ian. Comes as a PDF download, so can't link unfortunately. But if you google "Terms and Conditions of auction - Heritage Auctions" it should come up.

Thank you Mike

14 hours ago, cathrine said:

lack of a suitable heir

I would like to volunteer for the post of "suitable heir" please. :)

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, secret santa said:

So, will these coins be sent from the US or England ? It makes a huge difference to the shipping costs.

Can anyone answer my question please ?

23 minutes ago, secret santa said:

Can anyone answer my question please ?

Richard,

The Heritage Monthly World & Ancient Coin Auctions have no phone or floor bidding, and are on-line bidding only. That means that this auction will take place either in the Dallas home of Heritage, or the London Office. The sales information does not say which it will be, but with the quality of this collection I would think it would be held in Dallas.

48 minutes ago, RLC35 said:

Richard,

The Heritage Monthly World & Ancient Coin Auctions have no phone or floor bidding, and are on-line bidding only. That means that this auction will take place either in the Dallas home of Heritage, or the London Office. The sales information does not say which it will be, but with the quality of this collection I would think it would be held in Dallas.

Presumably then Bob, the coins themselves would also be currently located in Dallas awaiting the auction - or perhaps not?  

It’s my understanding that the coins are in Dallas and will be shipped from there to the winning bidders. However, to be absolutely certain, I will call the consignment manager and inquire about this matter.

• Thanks 1

I’ve received confirmation from Heritage that all of the coins in the auction are in Dallas and will be shipped to the winning bidders from there.

9 hours ago, secret santa said:

Not to mention import duties of 5% on Numismatic items

33 minutes ago, 1887jubilee said:

If your lucky enough to just pay the 5% , a couple of times my final payment with bits and pieces has made the final payment much more. ☹️

Edited by PWA 1967

33 minutes ago, 1887jubilee said:

More like 20% via Fedex - I've never been able to reclaim the excess.

9 minutes ago, PWA 1967 said:

If your lucky i have been charged more a couple of times ☹️

I've never paid anything on coins from the States. They've always just been delivered straight to my door. Is it due to the way they are described on the packet and the value quoted?

I have paid customs duty on two other items, both of which took weeks to arrive and had obviously been opened.   

Have you ever had anything delivered by Fedex Mike ,they are a law to themselves .

Edited by PWA 1967
  • Thanks 1

Yes, if you buy anything in a Heritage auction they will ship by Fedex and you'll pay another 20% customs duty ! You need to factor that into your bid !

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

Presumably then Bob, the coins themselves would also be currently located in Dallas awaiting the auction - or perhaps not?  

Yes, you are correct. I don't know which location is handling the auction, but usually the coins precede the auction date by 3 to 6 months, in order to catalog the contents, and decide which venue to place the coins in for auction. Many of the higher end auctions are held at some of the larger coin shows, like Chicago,  Long Beach, Orlando, New York, etc.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, PWA 1967 said:

Have you ever had anything delivered by Fedex Mike ,they are a law to themselves .

Not as far as I can remember Pete. The last delivery from the US was the 1897 O.NE penny from Bob, which came via the USPS tracking facility - which incidentally was absolutely brilliant. I thought the tracking might stop when the item left the USA, but it carried on over here until right until the Royal Mail guy knocked at the door and I signed for it - took 9 days, 4 over there and 5 over here.      

25 minutes ago, secret santa said:

Yes, if you buy anything in a Heritage auction they will ship by Fedex and you'll pay another 20% customs duty ! You need to factor that into your bid !

Steep - and that would be on top of the 20% buyer premium. So 40% over hammer price.

23 minutes ago, RLC35 said:

Yes, you are correct. I don't know which location is handling the auction, but usually the coins precede the auction date by 3 to 6 months, in order to catalog the contents, and decide which venue to place the coins in for auction. Many of the higher end auctions are held at some of the larger coin shows, like Chicago,  Long Beach, Orlando, New York, etc.

Thanks Bob - useful info. 

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 7:07 PM, secret santa said:

More like 20% via Fedex - I've never been able to reclaim the excess.

It should be 5%. I did manage to reclaim it a couple of years ago when Fedex mistakenly charged 20%, but it took some time. You've also got to insure the shipment yourself if you don't want to take the risk.