British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Bronze & Copper Collector

Pennies & Halfpennies Listed on Ebay

12 minutes ago, DrLarry said:

that is the clearest HALP I have seen well done for the images .....

Thank you. ...

26 minutes ago, Bronze & Copper Collector said:

I had set every listing to ship to the UK....

This is the message that I received......

Hello marys-marketplace20,
You recently created or revised this eBay listing that included the International Site Visibility feature:

153118209311 VERY SCARCE 1861 F-32, Obverse 6, Reverse F, RARITY-16, GB Penn,

However, we had to remove International Site Visibility from your listing. Of course, we won't be charging you the fee for International Site Visibility.

Because the laws and eBay policies vary by country, sometimes items that can be listed in your country can't be listed internationally. It's also possible that the listing itself wasn't following an eBay policy in another country. In situations like this, we automatically remove the International Site Visibility feature from the listing.

To find out about our global selling requirements, visit:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/questions/sell_international_requirements.html

For more information, contact customer service by clicking the "Help & Contact" link at the top of any eBay page.

Did you have in your posting preferences to send to UK but somehow not "Europe"?

It may alternatively have been a temporary glitch - have you tried amending the postal settings as identified by Mr T above, and then re-selecting the UK visibility?

If none of these work, then  I think it is time to phone Ebay for some sort of explanation. There will be some phone number deep in the "Contact Us" section. You will be talking to someone in the Philippines but they are very helpful.

8 minutes ago, Bronze & Copper Collector said:

Thank you. ...

well it is just I am so used to seeing half cocked things nothing really clear and we have had the discussion before that the P could be a P or that it might be a metal flow on a damaged die or in fact it might be any of the above.  Although there is often strange "scaring" at a diagonal which I seemed to find over and over again and had thought that the error was R rather than P....but I often see things that are not there ;) 

3 hours ago, Bronze & Copper Collector said:

Thanks, I'll pass on this occasion. But even if I'd wanted to pursue, it says under "shipping" in bold red "does not ship to United Kingdom". 

I assume from logical deduction that anywhere but the UK is no problem. Odd. 

2 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

Thanks, I'll pass on this occasion. But even if I'd wanted to pursue, it says under "shipping" in bold red "does not ship to United Kingdom". 

I assume from logical deduction that anywhere but the UK is no problem. Odd. 

When you then click on "see details" at the side of that, it reads as follows:-

Item location: Jackson Heights, New York, United States
Shipping to: United States, Canada, United Kingdom

Excludes: US Protectorates, APO/FPO, Africa, Asia, Central America and Caribbean, Europe, Middle East, North America, Oceania, Southeast Asia, South America

Change country:  -Select- United States 

This item does not ship to United Kingdom

So in the one breath they say "shipping to United States, Canada, United Kingdom", and in the next "This item does not ship to United Kingdom".

I know customer services in major concerns are bizarre to say the least these days, but that direct contradiction takes it to a new level.

Obviously Gary would accept payment from the UK, and just post the item regardless, off his own bat, as he holds the coin.     

Edited by 1949threepence

Yes - the problem I suspect as Mr T identified is that the exclusion for Europe overrides the inclusion of UK.

I will refrain from political comment.

Possibly that is the problem....

A software glitch that is contradictory. ..

Suffice it to say that I will ship to the UK...

Also, as stated earlier, if anything does not sell on ebay and a transaction is negotiated here, I will send Chris 5% of the sale price...

I'm with ebay then on that one