British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Paddy

Antiques Roadshow - Coins

Tonight;'s Antique Roadshow gave two coin outings: A 1933 Penny introduced by someone from the Royal Mint at Llantrisant (though he never actually stated that the example shown was genuine) and a lovely Slave token.

Stand by for lots of daft enquiries!

Missed it, unfortunately. 

Just now, 1949threepence said:

Missed it, unfortunately. 

Probably get it on catch up? (Don't ask me how - I here everyone using this expression but I have no idea how to do it!) :D

Should be on i player, Paddy. Easy enough to get if you're on virgin or sky, or even over the internet.

You can just Google "BBC i player", and it comes up. Enter the name of the programme you want to watch in search, and voila B)

.....in fact I'll take my own advice and watch it.....;)

Edited by 1949threepence
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, 1949threepence said:

Should be on i player, Paddy. Easy enough to get if you're on virgin or sky, or even over the internet.

You can just Google "BBC i player", and it comes up. Just enter the name of the programme you want to watch in search, and voila B)

Thanks - I will remember for next time. I watched it tonight and even have it recorded on my old-fashioned freeview box. (I don't watch enough TV for Virgin or Sky but I could do it on the internet.)

they rarely show coins on there, only seen 1 collection of coins on there that was going a few years back

12 hours ago, Paddy said:

Tonight;'s Antique Roadshow gave two coin outings: A 1933 Penny introduced by someone from the Royal Mint at Llantrisant (though he never actually stated that the example shown was genuine) and a lovely Slave token.

Stand by for lots of daft enquiries!

I watch the program Paddy, and as it happens have just returned from a Holiday last week in Wales, and while there made a visited to the Royal Mint.   One of the coins on show in the museum was the 1933 penny, and one thing that was very noticeable on the penny was a small round mark to the left of Britanniar's head which was also evident on the 33 shown on the TV.  I would think it has to be genuine , though they could of course make one any time they wanted, and it would be genuine ,    But not from 1933 !!!!!      Terry

• Like 1

Did you notice that the 1933 penny had signs of verdigris?  Clearly they are not looking after it well enough.  I volunteer to take car of it for them!