British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Berg

Foreign coins minted in Britain

Wasnt allowed to post 3 pics in one post :(

That's because you spelt 'colour' the American way.

No, not really, it's because there is a size limit so people don't go posting whoping great 1mb jpg's and using my precious bandwith.

Wasnt allowed to post 3 pics in one post  :(

That's because you spelt 'colour' the American way.

No, not really, it's because there is a size limit so people don't go posting whoping great 1mb jpg's and using my precious bandwith.

Two new things I learned today then. :)

"Colour" and "images per post restrictions" :)

"images per post restrictions"

I think that all forums have an image restriction (maybe with the exeption of coinpeople).

The "light colored iron" coins where only made in 1942 as for ordinary iron and bronze there are some years where they made both of the types although the iron coins was mostly made around the world wars. :)

1950 for example is a year i recall when they made both types. :)

Thank you very much Berg... so 1942 iron is light for all denominations 1ö, 2ö and 5ö?

I have a 1942 5ö in bronze, so if I get a bright iron example, then I will have all three wartime types of 5ö, including my 1947 dark iron.

Next time I play with my Swedish coins I might post another question... I have an unusual 19th century 1 öre coin, but I have to examine it again first...

Thanks again...

That is correct. The light iron issues is for the nominals 1, 2 and 5 öre. :)

Kuhli - may I use your 2 kune pic? Also, may I include your real name into the sources/thanks to type of lines as I feel you have now given me so much info that I need to include you among the other sources ;)

It is a comprehesive catalog of all coins minted from 1901-2000. Do you need information about certain issues? Don't hesitate to ask.

How much does the book cost in the states?

If the 2 and a half cent ockupation coin from the Netherlands is from your collection, may I use that pic, when coming to that stage. :)

Next time I play with my Swedish coins I might post another question... I have an unusual 19th century 1 öre coin, but I have to examine it again first...

Thanks again...

I will be happy to be of assistance... all I can say now is that the one you have in your possesion was made in Stockholm. :rolleyes:

If my memory services me right, from 1832 all coins was minted in Stockholm until 1974 when the minting moved to Eskilstuna. :)

Kuhli - may I use your 2 kune pic? Also, may I include your real name into the sources/thanks to type of lines as I feel you have now given me so much info that I need to include you among the other sources ;)

Yes, you may use the picture. I can also help with some of the other occupation pieces, when the time comes. I would honored to be mentioned as a source of information. (my full name is Scott Simon).

The Netherlands 2½ cent piece is not mine, but I will check with the owner, she probably won't mind.

The Krause book that I use "Standard Catalog of World Coins" currently sells for about US$55.00 over here. I know it is also available on amazon.co.uk, but I don't know what their price is. It is quite heavy, so the postage on it will be extremely high, especially if you must have it shipped from abroad.

hi anyone wanting to buy this book

krause and mischler standard coin thing

i found it for £25.47 including postage

on DVD.CO.UK

ordered my this week B)

regards dee xx