British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

while its not ideal these  fires it is part of the natural cycle of things even b4 humans were on this planet there were natural fires lit by lightening .

The wildlife thats had a bad year might take 4 or 5 years to recover but recover it will and come out stronger in the end

38 minutes ago, copper123 said:

while its not ideal these  fires it is part of the natural cycle of things even b4 humans were on this planet there were natural fires lit by lightening .

The wildlife thats had a bad year might take 4 or 5 years to recover but recover it will and come out stronger in the end

True, but I'm not sure the t**ts who start things like this are prepared to wait the few years required for populations to recover before they get bored and do it all again.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rob said:

True, but I'm not sure the t**ts who start things like this are prepared to wait the few years required for populations to recover before they get bored and do it all again.

so true

I notice some idiot has been arrested for starting a fire on Winter Hill.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

I notice some idiot has been arrested for starting a fire on Winter Hill.

That was the second one. 

The world is full of nutters. A couple years ago on Winter Hill a kid tried to give me a high six. Mum wasn't amused.

22 hours ago, Rob said:

That was the second one. 

The world is full of nutters. A couple years ago on Winter Hill a kid tried to give me a high six. Mum wasn't amused.

U take your mum onto winter hill?

Its usually a nice sunset but .....................

31 minutes ago, copper123 said:

U take your mum onto winter hill?

Its usually a nice sunset but .....................

No, the kid's mum.

23 hours ago, Rob said:

That was the second one. 

Excuse my ignorance but what is a 'high six?'

20 minutes ago, will1976 said:

A high five for the inbred

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, will1976 said:

A high five delivered by Anne Boleyn

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Rob said:

Norfolk 

I didn't know either so I googles it:

"Urban Dictionary: High Six

A high five in which two men with boners touch tips as well."

I am not surprised the kid's mum objected!

urban dictionary - a website for the understanding of the way the young speak today

Innt

2 hours ago, Paddy said:

I didn't know either so I googles it:

"Urban Dictionary: High Six

A high five in which two men with boners touch tips as well."

I am not surprised the kid's mum objected!

If you look at the last definition, you will see that it refers to what I said. The phrase was probably introduced soon after the introduction of the high five and was used long before the online urban dictionary existed - which is where most people seem to get their info from these days.

What's the latest with regard to the fire itself? Not been much about it on the news recently. 

It's still going but smaller or weaker , much less smoke  the bush visit royal baby christening , russian poisonings and world cup should keep it out of the news

Just keeping tabs on it now. Random outbreaks will be the order of things until it rains. Although the ground cover is burnt off, the underlying peat smoulders for ages and every so often bursts into flames. A few crews will be on the moors for a while yet.

On 08/07/2018 at 10:45 PM, Rob said:

normal in norfolk?

3 hours ago, copper123 said:

normal in norfolk?

Norfolk and Chance ;)

• Like 1

At last, some rain in that area. Although the heaviest rain appears to be over Greater Manchester, with the fire area seemingly on the fringe of it.

More scattered heavy showers forecast for tomorrow. 

We woke up this morning and it was raining a little - maybe a few mm. Lots of nice black clouds around earlier this evening and tonight the rain is not heavy, but has been steady for over an hour. :) 

• Like 1

At last what looks from the rainfall radar like a significant downpour over the affected area late afternoon/early evening. 

We are about ten miles away and can see straight to winter hill from the lounge window (upstairs flat).It was throwing it down for most of last night and had some heavy spells today.

Sure it will of done some good as even our lawns are now looking green :)

I should of also mentioned my mum went to the Barn in rivington at lunchtime (i think that is what its called) and was throwing it down at 12.00.

Edited by PWA 1967

Looks like some nutter has set fire to Saddleworth Moor again. :(

Two days of sunshine doesn't make for drought conditions, and although it can burn underground for a long time, I can't see it being smouldering remains from last summer.