British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
OneCoin

What is this coin?

I dont think it is currency . It looks like a commemorative medal / coin  of some kind ,possibly Bulgarian . Going by the info on it , it says 31.1 (possibly gram) 999.9 AG (silver content ?)

• Like 1

On the reverse, Ag 999.9 is written, in the second picture - so it's probably a silver coin, my friend says.
Thank you for your information, as if someone had some more accurate info - I will be grateful

Trying to translate it . Think it is national Bank Ukrainia

• Like 1

Think it might be ONE HRYVNA on the bottom .Which would be a currency value , but I doubt it would be a currency issue (similar to the silver £20 coins the RM produce )

• Like 1

After a bit of investigating .They are silver investment coins issued by the Ukrainian Mint . They sell for between $35-45 . hope this helps .

• Like 1

If it's one Hryvna, is it some kind of currency?
Good price, I did not expect such a high price for a silver coin. Thank you very much.

33 minutes ago, OneCoin said:

If it's one Hryvna, is it some kind of currency?
Good price, I did not expect such a high price for a silver coin. Thank you very much.

It is a currency value , but it wasnt issued for circulation.That is the prices getting asked for from the Ukraine (couldn't find any other sellers)

. In the UK value  will depend whether there is a demand or not . silver content  value is about £10.50 at the moment 

Edited by mick1271

The legend is in the Cyrillic script as used in Russia etc. I can just about read the last two words which I'm pretty sure translate to "Archangel Michael".

• Like 1

National bank Ukraine 1 Hryvnia

Bullion coin, worth far more then face value

scott strikes again lol bet he bought it for £2

ukrain currency is micky mouse currency anyway