British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
PWA 1967

Come on ENGLAND

The first game nerves have gone now.......Time to kick on :)

4-0...................:D

First Goalscorer...Rashford.

Time of first goal...17 / 22 mins.

We can only hope :D

No mate......I dont do daft bets.

Rashford not starting i dont think ,so will switch to Sterling ;)

Just be glad for them to win and no injuries :)

Edited by PWA 1967

I'll be glad if they win, not worried if they scuff a knee, or get a little bruise as the way they roll about after having a touch is laughable.

History tells us that England never fail to disappoint. I'm not expecting much in this world cup from them. Just the same old same old. The Tunisia match wasn't anything to write home about. For the first ten minutes England looked OK, although woeful in front of goal. After that very pedestrian.

Edited by DaveG38

I'm used to failure since 1982 as an Ipswich fan...England never fail to reinforce this disappointment. By 3pm the dog and cat will get steak I hope.......

I will take Pete's 4-0.:)

2 hours ago, Peter said:

I'm used to failure since 1982 as an Ipswich fan...England never fail to reinforce this disappointment. By 3pm the dog and cat will get steak I hope.......

I will take Pete's 4-0.:)

Well they are half way there after 30 or so minutes.

EASY..................

Take note the other teams we are coming to get you :D

7 hours ago, PWA 1967 said:

The first game nerves have gone now.......Time to kick on :)

4-0...................:D

First Goalscorer...Rashford.

Time of first goal...17 / 22 mins.

We can only hope :D

4-0?

6-1 more like

Bring it on !!!

• Like 1

Looks like the late news could be a bit longer than usual. I have been using this as a catchup. They tell you the scores, show the goals, and filter out the intermingled 90 minutes of melodrama. Doubles all round. :)

Football's making a mess of coin fairs though. Wakefield was like a mortuary today. Not so good.

Edited by Rob

Wakefield is not on my list of a must go to fair TBH.

2 hours ago, Rob said:

Looks like the late news could be a bit longer than usual. I have been using this as a catchup. They tell you the scores, show the goals, and filter out the intermingled 90 minutes of melodrama. Doubles all round. :)

Football's making a mess of coin fairs though. Wakefield was like a mortuary today. Not so good.

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Wakefield is not on my list of a must go to fair TBH.

Be all over by the time we get to York coin fair.

2 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

Be all over by the time we get to York coin fair.

They think...

John bishop once said being an england fan is like being the over expectant father of a fat kid on school sports day

• Like 1

On 6/24/2018 at 10:12 PM, copper123 said:

John bishop once said being an england fan is like being the over expectant father of a fat kid on school sports day

Just about sums it up. 

Germany out - boo hoo.

5 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

Just about sums it up. 

Germany out - boo hoo.

At least we can't lose to the Germans on penalties, although I've no doubt we will manage to lose to somebody else.

• Like 2

Don't mention ze VAR !

36 minutes ago, Peckris said:

Don't mention ze VAR !

I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it !!!

• Like 2

Normal service has resumed. England back to their predictable best.

1 hour ago, DaveG38 said:

Normal service has resumed. England back to their predictable best.

You don't understand - Gareth Southgate has a cunning plan:

• already qualified? send out your reserve side to get some practice and experience 
  • lose the match 1-0 to a brilliant goal but otherwise play well
  • (here's the crunch) avoid Brazil in the quarter finals!

Having said that, we may well not beat Columbia... :lol:

3 hours ago, Peckris said:

You don't understand - Gareth Southgate has a cunning plan:

• already qualified? send out your reserve side to get some practice and experience 
  • lose the match 1-0 to a brilliant goal but otherwise play well
  • (here's the crunch) avoid Brazil in the quarter finals!

Having said that, we may well not beat Columbia... :lol:

Losing a game is never a good outcome, whatever the apparent benefits. Personally, I doubt that England will be able to beat Columbia. All the early hype about England was on the back of two decent performances against relatively poor sides - hardly a real test. Up against Belgium, England looked their normal second rate selves.

1 hour ago, DaveG38 said:

Losing a game is never a good outcome, whatever the apparent benefits. Personally, I doubt that England will be able to beat Columbia. All the early hype about England was on the back of two decent performances against relatively poor sides - hardly a real test. Up against Belgium, England looked their normal second rate selves.

All it really proved is that Belgium's reserves are a bit better than ours.

17 hours ago, DaveG38 said:

I think we will probably beat Columbia. Southgate will be putting out a full strength side, including our current talisman, Harry Kane. That should be enough to ensure victory.

After that the competition will start to get really tough, and I've noticed over the years that English players, even those touted as brilliant, such as the somewhat overrated Wayne Rooney, don't seem too good against the very best sides, who seem to be faster, more accurate passers of the ball, and quicker thinking. 

So we'll be lucky if we progress further, assuming we do indeed beat Columbia.   

1 hour ago, 1949threepence said:

I think we will probably beat Columbia. Southgate will be putting out a full strength side, including our current talisman, Harry Kane. That should be enough to ensure victory.

After that the competition will start to get really tough, and I've noticed over the years that English players, even those touted as brilliant, such as the somewhat overrated Wayne Rooney, don't seem too good against the very best sides, who seem to be faster, more accurate passers of the ball, and quicker thinking. 

So we'll be lucky if we progress further, assuming we do indeed beat Columbia.   

I'm not so sure. I think Columbia will be a stern test, perhaps sterner than Sweden or Switzerland. (Is Sven Ibrahimovic-sson still playing for the Swedes?) After that though, the semis are our limit - after all, Brazil, Argentina, and full strength Belgium will no doubt still be there, and I find it hard to think of our defence coping with Messi, Neymar, Coutinho, Aguero, Lukaku, Hazard, de Bruyne, di Maria, Higuain, Firmino, and co.