British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
PWA 1967

Come on ENGLAND

1 hour ago, Peckris said:

I'm not so sure. I think Columbia will be a stern test, perhaps sterner than Sweden or Switzerland. (Is Sven Ibrahimovic-sson still playing for the Swedes?) After that though, the semis are our limit - after all, Brazil, Argentina, and full strength Belgium will no doubt still be there, and I find it hard to think of our defence coping with Messi, Neymar, Coutinho, Aguero, Lukaku, Hazard, de Bruyne, di Maria, Higuain, Firmino, and co.

No. He's retired from international football.

Indeed, all those names we'd find too hard to handle, and let's not forget that Portugal are still in it, so that list ought to include Ronaldo. 

Anyone who is still in  deserves to be ,we are regardless of the team that we have or past form and results.We have only lost one game in over twelve months and Southgate is not spoilt for choice with who  he can pick a squad from out of the premier league ,all the others are playing for other countries.People are having ago at them even before they have been knocked out .We win a couple and people dont think its good enough ,we lose one with a weakened team and the result did not matter its not good enough,we dont win and its not good enough.

Some people wont be happy even if we win on Tuesday........Well to those people Bollocks .

Either way COME ON ENGLAND.................:D

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, PWA 1967 said:

Anyone who is still in  deserves to be ,we are regardless of the team that we have or past form and results.We have only lost one game in over twelve months and Southgate is not spoilt for choice with who  he can pick a squad from out of the premier league ,all the others are playing for other countries.People are having ago at them even before they have been knocked out .We win a couple and people dont think its good enough ,we lose one with a weakened team and the result did not matter its not good enough,we dont win and its not good enough.

Some people wont be happy even if we win on Tuesday........Well to those people Bollocks .

Either way COME ON ENGLAND.................:D

It's the same kind of tactics you might see when a side fields pretty much a reserve side ahead of a crucial Champions League match. You rest your best players and negate the risk of injury to them. People are never happy, Pete, and will criticise whatever you do.

That Di Maria goal from 30 yards for Argentina a few minutes ago - wow !!! 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, 1949threepence said:

It's the same kind of tactics you might see when a side fields pretty much a reserve side ahead of a crucial Champions League match. You rest your best players and negate the risk of injury to them. People are never happy, Pete, and will criticise whatever you do.

That Di Maria goal from 30 yards for Argentina a few minutes ago - wow !!! 

Looks like we won't have to worry about Messi, Aguero, di Maria and Higuain - but Mbappé and Pogba look rather a handful!

• Like 1

Wow! What a game!

• Like 2

Messi and Ronaldo knocked out on the same day... What are the chances?

14 minutes ago, Peckris said:

Messi and Ronaldo knocked out on the same day... What are the chances?

Their careers have followed almost parallel paths, although they are very different characters. 

• Like 1

I knew, I just knew Columbia would score in injury time.......

Just turned on to see England are their usual incoherent selves. Columbians are playing football and shooting for goal while we can't string a couple of passes together.

Oh no! Not penalties. Time to hide behind the sofa

11 minutes ago, davidrj said:

Oh no! Not penalties. Time to hide behind the sofa

I can only see it going one way, David. Not England's way......we will see. Hope I'm wrong. 

Crunch time.

ETA: So pleased I was wrong. Well done England B)

Edited by 1949threepence

Bloody hell, we have won a penalty shootout! :)

2 minutes ago, davidrj said:

Bloody hell, we have won a penalty shootout! :)

First time ever that England have won one !

16 minutes ago, 1949threepence said:

First time ever that England have won one !

At a World Cup! We won one at Euros 96.

But I'm still dreaming.. Surely we can beat the Swedes?

54 minutes ago, Rob said:

Just turned on to see England are their usual incoherent selves. Columbians are playing football and shooting for goal while we can't string a couple of passes together.

Were you tuned to the right channel? We played a far superior game, AND Columbia behaved appallingly throughout.

A well deserved win.

Edited by Michael-Roo
  • Like 1

Didn't realised I sweated so much during the shootout!

It was so typical of England's attitude in big world cup matches. Initially, we would play well and gain an advantage. Then we just won't push for another goal and try to make it to full time. The opponents always have a good chance to equalize or even get ahead as a result. 

And yes, the number of yellow cards for the Colombian Team was shocking. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Peckris said:

At a World Cup! We won one at Euros 96.

But I'm still dreaming.. Surely we can beat the Swedes?

Only if we hold our nerve.

Sorry to quote the moderator this has all become a little bit non coiny so henceforth this posting should be stopped ...next thing of course will be that England getting to this stage is down to Brexit and our renewed superiority in the world.  jingoistic nonsense  

4 minutes ago, DrLarry said:

Sorry to quote the moderator this has all become a little bit non coiny so henceforth this posting should be stopped 

Lighten up Larry, we are in this forum’s “nothing whatsoever to do with coins area”

Edited by davidrj
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, Michael-Roo said:

Were you tuned to the right channel? We played a far superior game, AND Columbia behaved appallingly throughout.

A well deserved win.

I turned it on at the end just before Columbia scored. 

Then discuss the weather or something a whole lot more interesting I am simply quoting the moderator 

COME ON ENGLAND.

Everyone of them played and gave 100% Ashley young was drawing two players off and was class.Big hat off to them all,the young squad that all the neg heads didnt give a chance have done as much as they could of tonight.

We will beat Sweeden.............;)

its coming home... and the royal mint will make 50ps of all the players and manager probably... :/

5 hours ago, scott said:

its coming home... and the royal mint will make 50ps of all the players and manager probably... :/

i’m not so optimistic i’m afraid.

my money’s on pobjoy 😉

Great game. Edge of seat stuff all the way , a well deserved win. Very optimistic now looking forward.