British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  

Found this dealer online. From their website they seem they have some pretty good coins.

http://www.amrcoins.com/coins-for-sale/type/milled-silver/

Has anyone had any dealings with this company?

Edited by ozjohn
Typo

Nothing wrong with Martin

I bought a coin from him some time ago. Nice coin as described.

Martin is a good guy. I have only bought one off him so far but I was more than happy with it.

I bought a 1703 plain Queen Anne halfcrown. Totally satisfied.

Buy with confidence, reputable company.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies. I was also impressed with the quality of his stock and the consistency of the grading. Perhaps some of the TPG 'ers  could learn a bit by visiting this dealer' s site!

Shop with confidence. I love Collectors corner. Good bargains. 

13 hours ago, ozjohn said:

Thanks for the replies. I was also impressed with the quality of his stock and the consistency of the grading. Perhaps some of the TPG 'ers  could learn a bit by visiting this dealer' s site!

I agree with this too, and I am also a happy customer.

I've bought a few times from him and am always satisfied.  He seems to turn up more rare/unusual hammered stuff than most.  

Received 2 coins from AMRcoins both very nice coins at a good price. Perhaps not rare coins but hard to get in really high grades especially the 1915 halfcrown with the king's ear fully struck. Thanks AMRcoins.

halfcrown1.jpg

Halfcrown 2.jpg

Edited by ozjohn
Typo
  • Like 1

The spotty nature of the toning on the obverse of the 1929, and the effect of that on the hair, make it seem as though there's some wear. However it's quite clear from the ear, eyebrow, and reverse, that there isn't any. I'd recommend a 10 second dip, but the reverse is AOK so maybe just a wash would do the trick?

The toning of 1929 halfcrown looks much better in hand. In fact it seems to enhance the design. It's funny that this does not always translate into photos of coins. I am still having issues photographing coins I think light is the critical thing and getting consistency with the lighting can be difficult.

Two features of this coin stand out. Firstly the markings on the king's eyebrow are present and secondly the check design on the thistle between the HALF and FID is fully struck up. I have noticed that these features are often missing from otherwise UNC coins graded MS by NGS etc. 

• Like 1