British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
n_jones

Tiny Bronze coin found- possibly Celtic?

Hello All, 
I found an interesting tiny bronze coin in my garden today (with a metal detector), and was hoping someone may be able to identify it.    I have previously found a Roman bronze , Domitian ~AD89, very near by (my profile pic), but the design on this one looks more like Celtic.   This is in the Surrey/Hampshire area.
I've just given it a light rub with some wax for the moment, as I've killed some previous (non valuable) coins with cleaning.  Any input would be appreciated, It's around 10mm across, and may just be a broken piece for all I know.   
The design looks very similar to some of the Coriosolites coins I've seen online, but this is a guess.  Apologies for the pic quality, I'll replace with a proper macro one when I find a chance.
bronze.JPG 

thanks in advance!!

Edited by n_jones
  • Like 1

Guest n_jones

Thank you, interesting, I'm not familiar with these, but will certainly take a good look. 
Not sure if its relevant, but the opposite side shows similar markings, but is far more worn. The details are tiny, as you can see from the size of the pores in my hand.  Some of the edges look broken, but others appear just worn-down.