British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Peckris

Has the forum seized up??

The past couple of days, it seems very slow to load everything. I have fibre optic broadband so it's not my connection - anyway, other websites and general streaming e.g. iPlayer are not affected.

Anyone else noticed this?

I assumed it was me applying the kiss of death to anything computing related

:lol:

It will be the images of the half crowns. I can remember someone flooding a forum i used years ago with huge imax images of earth. It shut it down completely.

I certainly have noticed the site running very slowly for the last few days. Takes ages to switch from one section to another, and it is not my connection as every other site is going fine.

It will definitely be from the volume of images that have been posted on to here. I used to be a computer technician. It's similar to a DOS attack. It slows everything down like wading though treacle. 

Edited by Ukstu

So I was right. I was responsible, albeit only partly for the deterioration in service. 

Be careful what you laugh at Peck, I'm more dangerous than you realise. ;)

Edited to add that seconds after I posted this, it left the page and went to the home page uninvited. Something is a bit unstable.

Edited by Rob
  • Like 1

the images shouldn't really affect it, database and bad indexes might, but tracking data and sites can be a pain in the a*** when you wait for those.

While it's been slow, I haven't seen anything in my browser to give clear indications why, so it's server-side rather than client, but exactly what.. no idea.

Happy to lend my services if requested though.

Kev

• Like 1

It's probably Trump he has gotten wind of the WWI bust up in the off topics. He is more than likely trying to get a few tips :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zookeeperz said:

It's probably Trump he has gotten wind of the WWI bust up in the off topics. He is more than likely trying to get a few tips :)

Either that or the Fancy Bears or other ill assorted Russian hackers. :lol:

• Like 1

On 5/20/2018 at 7:36 PM, Peckris said:

The past couple of days, it seems very slow to load everything. I have fibre optic broadband so it's not my connection - anyway, other websites and general streaming e.g. iPlayer are not affected.

Anyone else noticed this?

Coming into the topic late - I did notice it was a bit slower then usual over the weekend, but it seems OK now.  

• Like 1