British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
nathanjame

2018 BRONZE 20p question

I have discovered that I have a bronze 20p which is dated 2018. I would just like to know what I should do with this coin? I am a coin collector and have never even thought about selling any of my coins... but I read somewhere that there could be value behind a bronze 20p, so I am in two minds about what to do with it. Please let me know what you guys think.

23 minutes ago, nathanjame said:

I have discovered that I have a bronze 20p which is dated 2018. I would just like to know what I should do with this coin? I am a coin collector and have never even thought about selling any of my coins... but I read somewhere that there could be value behind a bronze 20p, so I am in two minds about what to do with it. Please let me know what you guys think.

do you have any pictures,   i would start by sending it off to the royal mint museum to have it authenticated first off , they now charge £20 for this service https://www.royalmint.com/collector-services/valuations/

Ha, sounds good but what is the turnaround time? I hate to ask!!!

That £20 service is only for coins Pre-decimal and as far as passing it on i dont think they photograph it so you could never be sure it was the same coin.

I saw one of these coins for sale but I left it alone . Wasn't sure if it was just a lazy seller who had a one colour match setting for all his coins in Bronze\copper plated steel steel etc and forgot to take it off for the cupro coins he had although it was the only one that colour. To me it looked like it had missed the cladding part very golden brown colouring very strange. Wasn't be sold as anything other than a 20 pence si I just put it down to a crappy picture mock up. :) . Found it had a copy of the picture was from 1985 coin . not sure if this is a guilt version as there is a rub on the cheek that suggests there is a silver colour underlying?

1985 20 pence.jpg

Edited by zookeeperz