British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Paddy

Market stall - Barnstaple and South Molton

And if you like sailing, Essex has a fascinating and almost mysterious coastline.

• Like 2

On 6/29/2018 at 1:25 PM, 1949threepence said:

Yes, Dorset is a very pleasant and picturesque county with numerous visitor attractions, no doubt about it. Have you thought about selling up in the North East and moving back to Dorset permanently?

I miss my native Essex to some degree, but probably not nearly as much as I would have missed Dorset.  

yes I have spent many months in and around essex near Maldon and find it quite attractive , I like colchester from the Roman point of view.  Collagen infused lips and the silicon breast of stick insect  women and men who are just as likely to have collagen in various bit that protrude outwards and or silicon have contributed to a look in men that is on the edge of ridiculous and the capacity to seem unable to see self as an object of amusement seems to have passed many by of the aforementioned types.  It is a little sad but celebrity has become king and notoriety amongst all generations doesn't even make it a age related affliction.  It's fast it's selfie,close to the monstrous, and ridiculous a perfect formula to entertain the masses.  No different really I suppose to the colosseum entertainment for the masses. There are enough young people in parts of the country that are not the north east and essex to ensure the continuity of the human species without such afflictions ...thankfully 

I reamioan an economic refugee here sadly.  As I have said if I could arrive at heathrow from Newcastle and apply for refugee status on the ground of disparity in the NHS post code lottery and mental torture of prevailing attitudes then I would, but sadly I dont think that falls under the auspices of the Declaration of Human Rights on asylum.  Disability make things a little more complicated.  However one good point I just spent a week painting in the lake district which is only an hour and half away.  Finished a dozen paintings and loads of sketching in glorious sun. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DrLarry said:

yes I have spent many months in and around essex near Maldon and find it quite attractive , I like colchester from the Roman point of view.  Collagen infused lips and the silicon breast of stick insect  women and men who are just as likely to have collagen in various bit that protrude outwards and or silicon have contributed to a look in men that is on the edge of ridiculous and the capacity to seem unable to see self as an object of amusement seems to have passed many by of the aforementioned types.  It is a little sad but celebrity has become king and notoriety amongst all generations doesn't even make it a age related affliction.  It's fast it's selfie,close to the monstrous, and ridiculous a perfect formula to entertain the masses.  No different really I suppose to the colosseum entertainment for the masses. There are enough young people in parts of the country that are not the north east and essex to ensure the continuity of the human species without such afflictions ...thankfully 

I reamioan an economic refugee here sadly.  As I have said if I could arrive at heathrow from Newcastle and apply for refugee status on the ground of disparity in the NHS post code lottery and mental torture of prevailing attitudes then I would, but sadly I dont think that falls under the auspices of the Declaration of Human Rights on asylum.  Disability make things a little more complicated.  However one good point I just spent a week painting in the lake district which is only an hour and half away.  Finished a dozen paintings and loads of sketching in glorious sun. 

Essex men and women? Oh c'mon, you're 'avin a larf my sahn, to use a very common expression from my home town. The main thing that sticks in my mind is that people there are very happy to give you their political opinions on local and national issues. From taxi drivers to the guy at the bus stop. That's the basic difference between Warwickshire where I live now, and Essex. Here the people are somewhat more reserved and circumspect. Certainly about politics.  

Sorry to hear you are having problems with the NHS postcode lottery. 

Edited by 1949threepence

yes that is true sadly it would seem that the majority of views are pretty difficult for me to stomach personally.  I've never really understood  views that are based upon little or no experience other than jingoism and some illusive nostalgic view of England's Green and pleasant lands.  essex and Kent along with the north east and Lincolnshire voted out so it is unlikely that I will ever be able to look upon them with much love on into the future.  :D 

A line should be drawn in the sand and all those that want little Britain Brexit style may live on one side and the others cross the divide and reject their vote and allow them to elect |Rees Mogg as Leader along with his brood.  London can become our (remainers new capital) Let the outers have Boston in Lincolnshire with the cabbage patch kids as their new capital.  We can co-opt cornwall into our space and move the cornish to Basildon or thanet and have that as a nice place for holidays. 

• Like 1

This all seems to have gone a bit non-coin.

2 hours ago, Chris Perkins said:

This all seems to have gone a bit non-coin.

you mean like every tedious reference to the bloody football.  if we are to moderate on triviality then we should search though the two dozen boring and repetitive come on england rubbish or perhaps there is interest in a bunch of silly fools running around a bit of grass kicking the super inflated pigs bladder and squarking various racist, and other phobic nonsense both on and on the pitch of such a "beautiful " game  

9 hours ago, DrLarry said:

you mean like every tedious reference to the bloody football.  if we are to moderate on triviality then we should search though the two dozen boring and repetitive come on england rubbish or perhaps there is interest in a bunch of silly fools running around a bit of grass kicking the super inflated pigs bladder and squarking various racist, and other phobic nonsense both on and on the pitch of such a "beautiful " game  

We who remember 1966 are desperate for a repeat performance. It's only another few days - be patient :lol:

1 hour ago, secret santa said:

We who remember 1966 are desperate for a repeat performance. It's only another few days - be patient :lol:

yes agreed I made my apology for my insensitivity ......yes apparently as a small child I remember 66 , I used to enjoy football in the days before the hyper inflated egos and salaries and and finally corruption spoiled it all for me.  I used to go every saturday and tuesday to Sutton United to watch them play, I even became a ball boy.  Sadly that love now has passed and can make no sense of it.   

Yes i can understand that Dr Larry,i think if i was to watch Sutton Utd everyweek my love of the game would of passed ;)

Its the world cup and easy for all the people not interested to spend the time outside instead of watching the games , why the weather is so nice.

Maybe i should start another thread on Wimbledon :)

All good fun and only a forum.

Pete.

1 hour ago, PWA 1967 said:

Yes i can understand that Dr Larry,i think if i was to watch Sutton Utd everyweek my love of the game would of passed ;)

Its the world cup and easy for all the people not interested to spend the time outside instead of watching the games , why the weather is so nice.

Maybe i should start another thread on Wimbledon :)

All good fun and only a forum.

Pete.

yes true but did they not just last year get to play a premier league in the FA Cup playoffs ...not that I am interested of course :)

11 hours ago, DrLarry said:

yes agreed I made my apology for my insensitivity ......yes apparently as a small child I remember 66 , I used to enjoy football in the days before the hyper inflated egos and salaries and and finally corruption spoiled it all for me.  I used to go every saturday and tuesday to Sutton United to watch them play, I even became a ball boy.  Sadly that love now has passed and can make no sense of it.   

Didn't they once do a mega-giant killing in the FA Cup - someone like Coventry in the days when they were a top club?

yes I think they did but I think it was back in the 50's maybe I remember my grandfather talking about it going to Wembley.....LOL but then again there is a little village West Auckland on the way to weardale that won the world cup back in 1880 something LOL 

25 minutes ago, DrLarry said:

yes I think they did but I think it was back in the 50's maybe I remember my grandfather talking about it going to Wembley.....LOL but then again there is a little village West Auckland on the way to weardale that won the world cup back in 1880 something LOL 

Rather more recent!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sutton_United_2–1_Coventry_City_(1989)