British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
craigy

Rainbow hammy

my only hammy to have rainbow toning, natural or man made ? have no provenience for this coin is a class 2b, henry 3 nicole london 

II b London Nicole a.jpg

• Like 3

and a nice little Carlisle cut half of Henry III 

III b Carlisle.jpg

• Like 2

It's always nice if you can get it, but only one in a few hundred at best have multi-hued toning. The Edward the Confessor Pointed Helmet from Dorchester in Hulett part 1 was the best offering of late, with the pictures in the catalogue not doing the coin justice. A superb coin that JH was over the moon with when it arrived.

Best I can do is my Cnut Crewkerne, but that is just predominantly pink to red.

1 hour ago, Rob said:

It's always nice if you can get it, but only one in a few hundred at best have multi-hued toning. The Edward the Confessor Pointed Helmet from Dorchester in Hulett part 1 was the best offering of late, with the pictures in the catalogue not doing the coin justice. A superb coin that JH was over the moon with when it arrived.

Best I can do is my Cnut Crewkerne, but that is just predominantly pink to red.

lets have a ganda ;0) 

• Like 1

It's somewhere else on the forum, but to save looking...

c1806 Cnut Quatrefoil Crewkerne - Copy.JPG

• Like 6

Nice coins guys.

These three came out of the ground with nice tones, I always wondered if it was caused by stubble burning years ago and the heat had discoloured them.

IMG_E0310 (2).JPG

IMG_E0307 (2).JPG

• Like 2

Trying to insert image, failed!

Edited by Chingford

And as is the cycle of my life, this and all my other Plantagenet coins are going to be on sale! 

E2074D80-0F91-44B0-83F9-C69D199491E4.jpeg

• Like 3

On 5/9/2018 at 1:20 AM, Coinery said:

And as is the cycle of my life, this and all my other Plantagenet coins are going to be on sale! 

E2074D80-0F91-44B0-83F9-C69D199491E4.jpeg

Please keep me in the loop when they go for sale Stu. As you know, I'm BIG on collecting pennies from this period! I have some gaps in my Plantagenet series (especially Edward 1st) and always looking to pay good money for top specimens. Seems to be as dry as a nun's with good quality on the market at the minute. Wish some of those metal detector chaps would unearth a couple of large Plantagenet hoards!  :D 

On 11/05/2018 at 3:46 PM, Descartes said:

Please keep me in the loop when they go for sale Stu. As you know, I'm BIG on collecting pennies from this period! I have some gaps in my Plantagenet series (especially Edward 1st) and always looking to pay good money for top specimens. Seems to be as dry as a nun's with good quality on the market at the minute. Wish some of those metal detector chaps would unearth a couple of large Plantagenet hoards!  :D 

Will do Des, will absolutely give you first refusal! Will get the info and images together shortly! 👍

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Coinery said:

Will do Des, will absolutely give you first refusal! Will get the info and images together shortly! 👍

Thanks Stu! :)