British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

I've been sorting through my pile of crap unresearched coins, and think this may be an F175.

Please feel free to comment but do try not to laugh your ass off at how shite some of my coinage is lol ;)

WIN_20180504_14_11_38_Pro.jpg

All of my Obverse 2 1913's have this reverse so I assume it's B as I verily doubt I'd have 9  2+A's :)

WIN_20180504_14_11_46_Pro.jpg

We are halfway there Kev its OBV 1 :)

Looks to be 1+A   F174 

Edited by PWA 1967

Reverse A :)

P to tooth first leg of N in one to Gap F174 I believe sir :)

Edited by zookeeperz

Thanks .. I think I looked at too many pennies this morning, it was only about 400 or so :blink:

22 minutes ago, zookeeperz said:

Reverse A :)

P to tooth first leg of N in one to Gap F174 I believe sir :)

Wish the Freeman book had these words of wisdom!!

There are other indicators Kev.

If you look at the rim of the OBV then compare with the REV you will see the REV has the teeth right to the edge.

No rim is REV A :)

Just look at your pictures above and can see the difference even if the coin is Rang ;)

6 minutes ago, Unwilling Numismatist said:

Thanks .. I think I looked at too many pennies this morning, it was only about 400 or so :blink:

Yes I went goggled eyed on the 1901 I was seeing all sorts of things:lol: thought safer in bed lol

are they that scarce? I have many 1913 pennies never bothered with them tbh 

4 minutes ago, zookeeperz said:

are they that scarce? I have many 1913 pennies never bothered with them tbh 

Scarcer ...So even more so above VF

I also dont think many Dealers or Auction houses check for them :)

Edited by PWA 1967
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Unwilling Numismatist said:

Try my varieties website - the pictures are much bigger than Freeman's book (unless you're looking them on a mobile phone in which case Gawd help you)

I’ve been looking for a decent F175 for years, my example is about GF pulled from circulation many moons ago, far scarcer than the books suggest. 

1908 F164 is also very difficult in decent grade in my experience.

If it wasn't for posts here, I'd have slung the lot in the shitebin and left it, but seeing people post that they're struggling for these oddities filled my morning waiting for Amazon :)

@zookeeperz thanks for the wisdom earlier - it cleared up my difficulty in A and B reverses, as measuring doesn't work obviously :)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Unwilling Numismatist said:

If it wasn't for posts here, I'd have slung the lot in the shitebin and left it, but seeing people post that they're struggling for these oddities filled my morning waiting for Amazon :)

@zookeeperz thanks for the wisdom earlier - it cleared up my difficulty in A and B reverses, as measuring doesn't work obviously :)

No probs. I have same thing with the 1937 pennies 

:)

I'm starting to think I might need to get them all out and do it again.... but then most of them are so crappy. Although LCA has sold worse onees than I own for a premium.

Maybe I'll check them again tomorrow just to be tripple-quadoubli-thirty-something sure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unwilling Numismatist said:

I'm starting to think I might need to get them all out and do it again.... but then most of them are so crappy. Although LCA has sold worse onees than I own for a premium.

Maybe I'll check them again tomorrow just to be tripple-quadoubli-thirty-something sure.

how much is the 1937 proof missing waves worth? have any appeared at auction yet?

14 hours ago, zookeeperz said:

how much is the 1937 proof missing waves worth? have any appeared at auction yet?

I dont think they would have a value to be worth putting in an auction as a single item ,unless you try it on ebay.

You may find someone is prepared to pay a premium for it :)

The premium though could be cancelled out if you deduct 25% in Coin Auction fees from the price someone would pay and then you have a few quid for one item to post it to the Auction house.

Edited by PWA 1967

35 minutes ago, PWA 1967 said:

I dont think they would have a value to be worth putting in an auction as a single item ,unless you try it on ebay.

You may find someone is prepared to pay a premium for it :)

The premium though could be cancelled out if you deduct 25% in Coin Auction fees from the price someone would pay and then you have a few quid for one item to post it to the Auction house.

yes I have same dilemma  with 1837 EF BRRITANNIAR Sixpence. I don't really want to be giving 25% of it to a bloody auction house lol and my 1864 dot half penny. Coz I know i'll end up disappointed. I have seen 1 sold on LCA and sold 1 myself but this is by far the best example to date making 3 known and probably more in collections somewhere but they are very rare. it isn't an immediate concern just something down the line a few years I am going to have to tackle. I will not consign to auctions esp LCA. Have done it twice and got rogered twice. I don't see the point cataloguing a collection with all the varieties mentioned if the auction house is blatantly going to omit it from the description.

7 minutes ago, zookeeperz said:

I don't see the point cataloguing a collection with all the varieties mentioned if the auction house is blatantly going to omit it from the description.

If that happens, you should withdraw the lot.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, zookeeperz said:

No probs. I have same thing with the 1937 pennies 

:lol: :lol: :lol: