British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

craigy

NGC Slabbing

28 minutes ago, craigy said:

all new coins that numistacker gets graded seem to come out pf70 ultra cameo of late 

Most modern will get 69-70 and proofs will mostly get UC cameos, because he has so many sheep grading with him is the reason there will be a high number of those designations. He doesn’t get special treatment and he charges more than it actually costs. For example, conservation actually costs $11, he charges $15, he also gets a discount on his membership which isn’t passed on, he gets around 15% off grading services but still charges everyone full amount

Edited by azda

i sent some through him out of curiosity and it worked out at about £31 each for 15 coins under the $20 bracket

1 hour ago, rpeddie said:

i sent some through him out of curiosity and it worked out at about £31 each for 15 coins under the $20 bracket

Aye, he’s making a killing off everyone else’s coins, not just through the grading but also the before and after grading videos he does

11 minutes ago, azda said:

Aye, he’s making a killing off everyone else’s coins, not just through the grading but also the before and after grading videos he does

If he is making a killing Dave why dont you do it.I dont see he is doing anything wrong and must be plenty people just want to send a couple and happy to pay a bit more ?

If he is doing a lot i imagine he must get pow fagged to death if they are not returned in a couple of weeks :D

for me it was just seeing how they handle the import VAT for the returned coins when submitted directly to USA, my issues with submitting to Munch was that the returns took ages and wanted to get them turned around faster.

I have submitted coins directly to NGC USA this time and the wait time is about what it was through Munich(i submitted 28/1 to USA and still have not received these back yet)

Also submitted 5x PCGS about the same time under the $3000 tier and these were back within 3 weeks of me posting, parcel was kindly left behind one of my bins so didnt even have to pick it up from the depot

1 hour ago, PWA 1967 said:

If he is making a killing Dave why dont you do it.I dont see he is doing anything wrong and must be plenty people just want to send a couple and happy to pay a bit more ?

If he is doing a lot i imagine he must get pow fagged to death if they are not returned in a couple of weeks :D

I’m not that interested in screwing people for money, also with the amount he does (which is more or less a business) there is also tax implications which i’m Also not interested in getting into, especially here in Germany

40 minutes ago, rpeddie said:

for me it was just seeing how they handle the import VAT for the returned coins when submitted directly to USA, my issues with submitting to Munch was that the returns took ages and wanted to get them turned around faster.

I have submitted coins directly to NGC USA this time and the wait time is about what it was through Munich(i submitted 28/1 to USA and still have not received these back yet)

Also submitted 5x PCGS about the same time under the $3000 tier and these were back within 3 weeks of me posting, parcel was kindly left behind one of my bins so didnt even have to pick it up from the depot

Have you tried submitting into their grading week? I’ve always picked mine up at the end of the week without problem. Of course I understand you don’t live here. All imports etc are handled by NGC when you submit to London, but London are also accepting submissions for the grading week in Munich, starts in the 10th May

24 minutes ago, azda said:

Have you tried submitting into their grading week? I’ve always picked mine up at the end of the week without problem. Of course I understand you don’t live here. All imports etc are handled by NGC when you submit to London, but London are also accepting submissions for the grading week in Munich, starts in the 10th May

london, thats at spinks yeah ???

29 minutes ago, azda said:

Not tried during those weeks yet, are they guaranteed to go through faster? From what i looked at this week does not include the $20 tier though if i remember correctly

7 minutes ago, craigy said:

london, thats at spinks yeah ???

yea they are at spinks, take weeks to reply to emails so i am not up for having to deal with that

Spending £465 to get coins with a raw value of less than $300 slabbed doesn't register. Shinymetaldiscstacking.com

Why am I thinking of Muttley getting a medal from Dick Dastardly ?

• Like 1

suppose i did wrong maths earlier too, it was £22 per coin@$20 rate.

But yea, raw value of $300 before grading. After grading the value goes up significantly depending if you have chosen the right ones to send away, crosspost this into the atlas numismatic post whether you are ok or not ok with having a coin go up in value. 

1 hour ago, azda said:

I’m not that interested in screwing people for money, also with the amount he does (which is more or less a business) there is also tax implications which i’m Also not interested in getting into, especially here in Germany

He does not appear from what you say to be screwing anyone though.

You mention a video of coins sent before and after and although i havent seen it ,that does not sound out of order.Sounds more like someone who has an interest and just charging people a couple of pound extra if they want to send them through him.

Maybe i have got it all wrong ,although as you mention he sends alot i am sure they must be happy to send coins to him.

Were do i find his videos please ?

1 hour ago, PWA 1967 said:

He does not appear from what you say to be screwing anyone though.

You mention a video of coins sent before and after and although i havent seen it ,that does not sound out of order.Sounds more like someone who has an interest and just charging people a couple of pound extra if they want to send them through him.

Maybe i have got it all wrong ,although as you mention he sends alot i am sure they must be happy to send coins to him.

Were do i find his videos please ?

NGC don’t show videos of coins anyone sends in, why should he? Just look for numistacker on YouTube. 

3 hours ago, rpeddie said:

Not tried during those weeks yet, are they guaranteed to go through faster? From what i looked at this week does not include the $20 tier though if i remember correctly

Not sure where you looked but i’ve taken coins into NGC for May grading in that Tier

14 minutes ago, azda said:

NGC don’t show videos of coins anyone sends in, why should he? Just look for numistacker on YouTube. 

Why shouldnt he as again i dont see anything wrong after watching one.

Watching a video 😊(only one) he has loads of people who all seem happy enough and if everyone is happy good luck to him 

26 minutes ago, PWA 1967 said:

Why shouldnt he as again i dont see anything wrong after watching one.

Watching a video 😊(only one) he has loads of people who all seem happy enough and if everyone is happy good luck to him 

How many agents of NGC or PCGS or NGC and PCGS themselves do you know that show off other peoples coins online? I only know of 1. Do LCGS record for the world to see the coins you submit?

Edited by azda

4 minutes ago, azda said:

How many agents of NGC or PCGS or NGC and PCGS themselves do you know that show off other peoples coins online? I only know of 1. Do LCGS record for the world to see the coins you submit?

I dont know any although all the people who send them him dont mind ,so as i have mentioned what is he doing that is so wrong ?

Maybe you just dont like him but to just have a go at anyone on a public forum doesnt seem fair.

Your call and your able to have a go at anyone if you want but i feel your time could be better spent 

From what i can see he is selling some coins ,sending some for grading and doing some videos........I am sure there are plenty other people doing much worse 😊 

1 minute ago, PWA 1967 said:

I dont know any although all the people who send them him dont mind ,so as i have mentioned what is he doing that is so wrong ?

Maybe you just dont like him but to just have a go at anyone on a public forum doesnt seem fair.

Your call and your able to have a go at anyone if you want but i feel your time could be better spent 

From what i can see he is selling some coins ,sending some for grading and doing some videos........I am sure there are plenty other people doing much worse 😊 

Maybe it’s also a presumption that people don’t mind 😏

1 minute ago, azda said:

Maybe it’s also a presumption that people don’t mind 😏

He does not name the people who the coins belong to and if they did mind they would not send them him.Looking at the dozens of people who had put comments below his video though it appears they all seem to be happy.

Yes i was presumptive as if i had a coin that i had sent him and he put it on you tube ,it would not bother me at all.

I bet with all the people who will read this thread over the next few weeks he may even get a couple more customers.

• Haha 1

i mean, i found no faults really apart from being a bit more expensive.

Turn around time was "normal" for NGC at about 2-3 months, he helps out with the incoming VAT worries and posts pretty rapidly.

I do believe if you ask not to show your coins he will not show them on the video, i saw that posted somewhere too.

NGC seem to be stepping up a gear in Munich, just picked up my coins and the guy tells me they are doing on-site again in July and then September, previously it was 3 times a year. They graded nearly 10,000 this time around, their busiest so far