British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Paddy

Music to sort coins to

Love Aretha and was lucky enough to see her live three times, but Prince Buster takes the crown on this track:

• Like 1

• Like 1

I'M TIRED OF TEA!!

• Like 1

There's only one way to follow that...

• Like 1

If you have a spare 45 minutes, listen to this.  If you don't have a spare 45 minutes, you shouldn't be collecting coins!

Takes me back to 1992, when I heard it for the first time as an 18 year old.  I lived on a rural property and must have been the only one at home.  Midnight on a balmy summer's evening.  Sitting on the doorstep with Prokofiev blasting out.  What a revelation that was.  

Edited by Madness

• Like 1

I love Bowie's early work. The Deram/Anthony Newley years, much underrated. 

He was guilty of knocking out one or two absolute stinkers during that period though. How about this demo. He never bothered to develop the song further himself (thank god) but, astonishingly, it was picked up and recorded by a group called Oscar, fronted by Paul 'Dancing With The Captain' Nicholas.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Michael-Roo said:

I love Bowie's early work. The Deram/Anthony Newley years, much underrated. 

He was guilty of knocking out one or two absolute stinkers during that period though. How about this demo. He never bothered to develop the song further himself (thank god) but, astonishingly, it was picked up and recorded by a group called Oscar, fronted by Paul 'Dancing With The Captain' Nicholas.

To think.. Reaction was the home of Cream and The Who. :o

• Like 1

Hadn't heard either of those. I quite enjoyed Jane's Addiction, especially the more quiet melodic passages. Can't say I like the Smashing Pumpkins - perhaps I'm too old now for grunk, punge, or whatever term applies to the unholy marriage of punk and grunge.

• Like 1

Two songs about rats.  As strange as it sounds, Michael Jackson and Mozart share the experience of having been exploited prodigies.  

• Like 1

I can't help but think that David Gilmour is singing this song to me and about me, particularly the first verse.  I love it, but it makes me sad.  

Edited by Madness

Edited by Madness

• Haha 1

• Like 1

Both clips are examples of artists "crossing over": A rock musician singing folk and an Early Music ensemble performing 70's pop.  I find these performances moving.  

Three tracks from possibly the most underrated band of all time:

Rock, jazz, ballads - they had it all.

Plus the litiginously failed original riff to Stairway To Heaven?

Edited by Peckris 2
  • Like 1

@Peckris 2

There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold....

Perhaps the descendants of Randy Wolfe, Spirit's guitarist, see something glittering 

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-29/stairway-to-heaven-retrial-ordered-by-judge/10320680

Edited by Madness

3 hours ago, Madness said:

@Peckris 2

There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold....

Perhaps the descendants of Randy Wolfe, Spirit's guitarist, see something glittering 

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-29/stairway-to-heaven-retrial-ordered-by-judge/10320680

Randy California, I think? They lost that case, hope they didn't also lose a heap of legal costs.

After hearing this I'm thinking of taking up flugelhorn: