British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Unwilling Numismatist

"Sixpence" in a Charity Shop Lot

I'm just rummaging through a large pile of foreign from a charity shop and got to the end with this left in the wtfit heap.

For your pleasure - one Brian May 1993 "Back to the Light" tour guitar pick. I guess I will get my tenner back today :)

WIN_20180419_11_42_27_Pro.jpgWIN_20180419_11_42_42_Pro.jpg

• Like 3

Not quite the Queen's head, only part of it ;)

• Like 4

wow that is one cool find. were there many of those made?

As I understand it, very limited numbers for use by Mr May himself on the tours. I believe some were given away to lucky members of the crowd and a few sold.

This appears to be the rarest of all of the tour "sixpence" picks.

• Like 1

let me know if you sellimg it

I actually saw this tour in Sheffield  about 1996-97 now if I remember rightly , I saw brian tour about three times as a solo artist , he used to do a two hour set and I used to enjoy seeing brian on his guitar .

I have seen the new queen but not with the new singer though after seeing them on ther new years specials its clear i have missed out

I am pretty sure this tour was about the time they started retailing these picks , I remember seeing them for sale for around a tenner 2006? Maybe.

there are probably different ones for different tours , at a guess yours is the rarest

Edited by copper123

Almost bought one last week £100 . ummed and arred and decided to stick to my main area of focus errors and varieties. was a bargain though tbh. :D