British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

zookeeperz

Ebay malicious redirects

Has anyone encountered these malicious redirects when clicking on items for sale on the bay? It is starting to really pee me off. it is a https so called secure site yet 6 times in the last hour clicking through various coins the page redirects to some other page and my malwarebytes kills the page and blocks the malware. Surely ebay is responsible for our safety seeing as it advertises as such

Are they really that crap an outfit they need to now be closed down. Seems nobody is policing anything on there anymore? Tried to go through a contact procedure which as always is a loop back to where you started. very very close to closing my account with them they are just crooks.

I have never had a redirect ,and I am on regularly .

I’ve had a few, had to open a new browser page and kill the old to move on. EBay not doing well at the moment.

Jerry

I've not had a redirect but I have had an issue where the page starts playing random music as I scroll through the listings (always the same track) I just installed Adguard and its solved it and removed all the ads on the page too

1 hour ago, will1976 said:

I've not had a redirect but I have had an issue where the page starts playing random music as I scroll through the listings (always the same track) I just installed Adguard and its solved it and removed all the ads on the page too

I paid for the one off lifetime membership on Adguard, best thing I have bought, solved all my lag time issues where the ads try to load before the program. I also use ADWCleaner to wipe interfering Ad cookies when they do get in and CCleaner to remove some of the Windows 10 features you don't want but cant disable yourself and eat up the disk and memory.

3 hours ago, Chingford said:

I paid for the one off lifetime membership on Adguard, best thing I have bought, solved all my lag time issues where the ads try to load before the program. I also use ADWCleaner to wipe interfering Ad cookies when they do get in and CCleaner to remove some of the Windows 10 features you don't want but cant disable yourself and eat up the disk and memory.

I'm still on the free trial but shall be upgrading once it expires

I had a chat with my local Computer expert and it seems we have Google to blame, not Ebay. All the ad space on Ebay is handled by Google Adsense and Ebay have no control over what appears there.

Adsense is the system that detects your browser history and tries to put up ads relevant to you. Often you get caught out clicking on an apparently empty area of screen and trigger the Ad that is still loading to that space - hence a pop-up or redirect to another webpage. Google do very little checking on who rents space through them, so it may be a genuine and innocuous ad, or, in the worst case, a site that is attempting to install malware on your computer. Hence why it is insane to go on the web without good antivirus and anti malware installed. Adguard and similar things will block 90% or more, but nothing is fool proof.

Perversely you will get les ads if you use Google Chrome instead of Microsoft IE as your browser - not sure if this is because Chrome is better at detecting malware sites, or if Google is deliberately down-rating the IE experience...

It's a jungle out there!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Paddy said:

I had a chat with my local Computer expert and it seems we have Google to blame, not Ebay. All the ad space on Ebay is handled by Google Adsense and Ebay have no control over what appears there.

Adsense is the system that detects your browser history and tries to put up ads relevant to you. Often you get caught out clicking on an apparently empty area of screen and trigger the Ad that is still loading to that space - hence a pop-up or redirect to another webpage. Google do very little checking on who rents space through them, so it may be a genuine and innocuous ad, or, in the worst case, a site that is attempting to install malware on your computer. Hence why it is insane to go on the web without good antivirus and anti malware installed. Adguard and similar things will block 90% or more, but nothing is fool proof.

Perversely you will get les ads if you use Google Chrome instead of Microsoft IE as your browser - not sure if this is because Chrome is better at detecting malware sites, or if Google is deliberately down-rating the IE experience...

It's a jungle out there!

I only use google and its not just an ad page it is a malicious web page. My malwarebytes pro stops everything dead in it's tracks. best bit of kit there is. the site is www.trendsgal .com since the 16 of this month 2 days malwarebytes has blocked 45 malware pages on ebay. I don't get any of these pages from any other site just ebay so it is their problem if they are not policing who are trying to look legit advertisers when they are just vile crooks prob the ruskies again or Trump lol :)