British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
secret santa

Is the start of the reprisals ?

Every day, Wordpress presents me with statistics of visits to my pennyvarieties website, indicating which country those visits are from.

In the last 2 days, the majority of the visits have been from Russia ! I have never before seen any visits from Russia. Do we have a penny collector in Russia, I wonder, or is it some hacker looking for a way into the wicked West's computer systems ?

Should we be worried ?????

14 minutes ago, secret santa said:

Every day, Wordpress presents me with statistics of visits to my pennyvarieties website, indicating which country those visits are from.

In the last 2 days, the majority of the visits have been from Russia ! I have never before seen any visits from Russia. Do we have a penny collector in Russia, I wonder, or is it some hacker looking for a way into the wicked West's computer systems ?

Could it be looking for coins to forge? Plus anyone using a VPN can appear to be in any country and still be local. The age of privacy only way to surf securely these days

Edited by zookeeperz

Perhaps your site has been mentioned on a Russian forum. What numbers are we talking about?

From sunny Vladivostok.

Not.

Jerry 😉

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jelida said:

What numbers are we talking about?

10 out of 24 on Monday, 12 out of 20 on Tuesday - a select bunch !

22 hours ago, secret santa said:

Not any more. We're onto these Russians and their cyber shenanigans, now.   

On 4/17/2018 at 7:58 AM, secret santa said:

Probably not - a couple of years ago I got a bunch of site hits (from which country I no longer remember) but they had spoofed some field or other (browser language I think?) to be "VOTE TRUMP" - possibly something similar.

Occasionally I see fake hits that just spam the referrer field with some site they're trying to advertise - again, possibly something similar.