British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  

Probably not of interest to all on here, but was wondering if the RM will ever release actual mintages RELEASED of these in either the currency or the proof. Reported mintages are very confusing, first because as far as I can tell there are none for the "bullion" silver, platinum or gold; even with the proofs of these coins, there are issue and set limits but there seems to be no confirmations as to the number actually released into collector channels.

I'm collecting the gold bullion versions of these.  Haven't seen any mintage figures so far - I think they were still minting the Lion and Griffin until the very end of 2017 so probably haven't released final figures yet.  I don't think there are actually any issue limits for the gold, silver and platinum bullion versions but happy to be corrected.

I happen to like the designs, save the latest Bull. The proofs are IMO a bit overpriced but the others at just above bullion are rather nice. I hope a few will sneak in as scarcer bits.

Lion and Griffin are my favourites so far.  If I could only keep one, it would be the Lion, but that's also because I'm English.

Of all the Queen's Beasts strikes I think I like this one best.

s-l1600.jpg