British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Richard2

Unusual Elizabeth I threepence

Chris Comber is a fabulous and generous chap, but I’d be surprised if he can add anything to the attribution of your coin that you haven’t read here already, but it’ll be great to get his insights! 👍

I agree,you guys nailed it. As you say it will be good to get his insight, and he might make me an offer I can’t refuse💰😁

On 6/26/2018 at 7:44 AM, Richard2 said:

I agree,you guys nailed it. As you say it will be good to get his insight, and he might make me an offer I can’t refuse💰😁

Was just reading through a few old posts and stumbled across this one! Of course CC has since died, but did you ever get to show him your coin?

Hi Coinery, Yes I did get to speak with him and showed him the coin . But from what I can remember he disregarded it as anything than just a ordinary 3d . It was quite dark in the room and it was just a quick look without a loupe so not really what I was hoping for as an answer. It didn’t feel right to tell him he was wrong and that he should take a better look, I’m not that brave😁.

4 hours ago, Richard2 said:

Hi Coinery, Yes I did get to speak with him and showed him the coin . But from what I can remember he disregarded it as anything than just a ordinary 3d . It was quite dark in the room and it was just a quick look without a loupe so not really what I was hoping for as an answer. It didn’t feel right to tell him he was wrong and that he should take a better look, I’m not that brave😁.

Ha ha, that really made me smile, brilliant! I’m so glad I asked 😊

Imagine at a coin club telling BCWs Chris Comber he was wrong about an Elizabeth three pence! That will make me chuckle ‘til Christmas and beyond!

Thanks for that, Richard, have a great Christmas and a very happy new year!

Best, 

Stuart

11 hours ago, Coinery said:

Ha ha, that really made me smile, brilliant! I’m so glad I asked 😊

Imagine at a coin club telling BCWs Chris Comber he was wrong about an Elizabeth three pence! That will make me chuckle ‘til Christmas and beyond!

Thanks for that, Richard, have a great Christmas and a very happy new year!

Best, 

Stuart

Welcome back, just visiting?

• Like 1

It was a really interesting evening, Chris Comber gave a talk on Elizabeth pattern shillings as I said. He bought along several coins that were handed around for all to have a look at, none were in protective sleeves or anything. He trusted us all to handle them safely. There were even some gold  coins of Elizabeth, amazing.I wish I had taken some pictures, will probably never have that opportunity to hold so many rare and beautiful coins again.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, azda said:

Welcome back, just visiting?

Would really love to know about the soft close on CGS in my other post if you have any experience or insights? 

On 12/22/2021 at 11:40 PM, Coinery said:

Would really love to know about the soft close on CGS in my other post if you have any experience or insights? 

Unfortunately I’ve never heard of it.

• Like 1