British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Paddy

Edward Penny for ID please?

I picked this up amongst a lot of other stuff on Saturday. My head is already spinning with trying to ID everything - can someone tell me exactly which one this is? I know it is pretty worn and it will be moving on, but I like to be able to tell the new owner exactly what they have.

Thanks for your help!

Edward query 1 Red.JPG

Edward query 2 Red.JPG

Paddy

If you get any closer than London mint my daawg can have my rib-eye steak planned for my supper.;)

• Like 2

i'm going for 10fcfffc wotsit lol 

• Like 2

I’m definitely for Class 10, and whilst it doesn’t seem clear whether it has contraction marks, the crown is very much the profile of the low crown 10ab.

legend says it’s 10ab - 15

Rule out 11 because yours has a clear left ornament.

Rule out 12 and 13 because yours has a larger face and no crown matches.

Rule our 14 and 15 because your left ornament is too high and too large, relative to the fleurs. 

So I’m going to stick my neck out and say, given the overall congestion of the crown, and despite the fact it doesn’t look to have contraction marks, that your coin is Class 10ab :)

• Like 2

Thanks! That is brilliant - I will label it up as such.

Well done Stewie.

Unfortunately for my Daawg the steak was enjoyed by me....although he did get a piece...Those big brown eyes as he creeps closer and closer.

I tell him not to beg but heck it just bounces off his Springers ears.

I often make my own Pizza but always make sure a section has no onion or chilli so I blame myself.:) 

6 hours ago, Peter said:

Well done Stewie.

Unfortunately for my Daawg the steak was enjoyed by me....although he did get a piece...Those big brown eyes as he creeps closer and closer.

I tell him not to beg but heck it just bounces off his Springers ears.

I often make my own Pizza but always make sure a section has no onion or chilli so I blame myself.:) 

I had to hang out until you’d finished your steak, Peter! ;) 

• Like 1

I would like to share a beer with you,Peck,Rob and Declan....Azda he will be back.. not to forget Paulus...Tom is invited but strictly for OLD members.

We need a venue to fit Rob in but any requirements of travel I can sort.(Peck)..Chris is also welcome.It is my birthday today and have been swamped by Malt,Cubans and cash....silly ebay purchase envisaged. (Mother says drop down on your drinking and smoking)Monte Christo's & malt is what I got.:)

Luckily Mrs Peter won't see the curtains turn brown or my attempts at peeing:o

I reckon I have a 5 yarder in me (if I open the kitchen door)

Edited by Peter

14 minutes ago, Peter said:

I would like to share a beer with you,Peck,Rob and Declan....Azda he will be back.. not to forget Paulus...Tom is invited but strictly for OLD members.

We need a venue to fit Rob in but any requirements of travel I can sort.(Peck)..Chris is also welcome.It is my birthday today and have been swamped by Malt,Cubans and cash....silly ebay purchase envisaged. (Mother says drop down on your drinking and smoking)Monte Christo's & malt is what I got.:)

Luckily Mrs Peter won't see the curtains turn brown or my attempts at peeing:o

I reckon I have a 5 yarder in me (if I open the kitchen door)

Ha, wouldn’t that be great, a beer or two! 

Many happy returns of the day, Peter...I’d raise a glass to you but I’m on night shifts at the moment! Will toast your very good health at the weekend. Stay happy, m’friend! :)