Jump to content
British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

   Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

craigy

Peering into the darkness with R Ingram Coins lol

Recommended Posts

I needed a decent F114, as my current one isn't that great. So, despite a poor pic through a slab on their website, I ordered one described as GEF. Even though the descriptive bit of the slab was not included in the photo.

Took  a chance, but wish I hadn't. The coin arrived today and clearly shows that the dies are described as Gouby R + r, which is a F115. A F114 is R + p.

Idiots.

 

Ingram receipt.jpg

CGS F114.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

Took  a chance, but wish I hadn't. The coin arrived today and clearly shows that the dies are described as Gouby R + r, which is a F115. A F114 is R + p.

 Idiots.

Astonishing... Almost exactly a year ago, I posted the below...

Seems they just don't learn or care. How do they stay in business if many users of this forum are unimpressed by them??

 

" I bought a few coins from the Ingrams in the early 2010's but then had two bad experiences from them: twice they had mis-described the scarcer varieties I expected to be buying, and ended up sending me normal, common coins. OK, they took them back without any quibble BUT they did not refund my expenses of posting the wrong coins back by signed-for delivery, leaving me a few quid out of pocket for THEIR MISTAKES. Once could have been put down to an error, but twice shows it was deliberate on their part to eke a few more quid out of their customers. Needless to say, I have not ordered again from them in the last 5 years, nor do I ever expect to again. They also massively overgrade and, now, overprice their coins. If you read these posts, Messrs Ingram, perhaps you will understand that business is a two-way process."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Martinminerva said:

Astonishing... Almost exactly a year ago, I posted the below...

Seems they just don't learn or care. How do they stay in business if many users of this forum are unimpressed by them??

 

" I bought a few coins from the Ingrams in the early 2010's but then had two bad experiences from them: twice they had mis-described the scarcer varieties I expected to be buying, and ended up sending me normal, common coins. OK, they took them back without any quibble BUT they did not refund my expenses of posting the wrong coins back by signed-for delivery, leaving me a few quid out of pocket for THEIR MISTAKES. Once could have been put down to an error, but twice shows it was deliberate on their part to eke a few more quid out of their customers. Needless to say, I have not ordered again from them in the last 5 years, nor do I ever expect to again. They also massively overgrade and, now, overprice their coins. If you read these posts, Messrs Ingram, perhaps you will understand that business is a two-way process."

I won't be impressed if I don't also get back the £9.00 paypal fee, which was on top of the price of the coin, and if I'm not also re-imbursed for the next day tracked delivery postage payable on returning the item to them. 

Although given their track record at royally pissing off others here previously, I'm not holding my breath.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to hear of your experience Mike.

If you are looking for an F114 upgrade then may be worth trying to find one with the added feature of the protrusion from the H as per below.

 

1882La (R + p) Bit above H.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Ian. Any thoughts as to what that protrusion is?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was discussed on Page 81 of 'More Pennies' Mike. Terry has one just the same; Rob seemed to think part of an H.

Think your memory starting to fail you...….welcome to the club lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, alfnail said:

Was discussed on Page 81 of 'More Pennies' Mike. Terry has one just the same; Rob seemed to think part of an H.

Think your memory starting to fail you...….welcome to the club lol

Well it definitely won't go out of my head again, Ian - that's for sure !!! ;)

I still haven't had an e mail reply from Ingram. I'm wondering how long to give it before I call them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

I needed a decent F114, as my current one isn't that great. So, despite a poor pic through a slab on their website, I ordered one described as GEF. Even though the descriptive bit of the slab was not included in the photo.

Took  a chance, but wish I hadn't. The coin arrived today and clearly shows that the dies are described as Gouby R + r, which is a F115. A F114 is R + p.

Idiots.

 

Ingram receipt.jpg

CGS F114.jpg

You should have said! - I've just put one into DNW - it's ex-Spink auction Sept 2016 and is a nice looking coin, though it has two scratches on the Queen's neck. I don't know whether it's got the divot or not, don't know whether it's observable on the photo.

https://www.spink.com/lot/16006002396

Edit - I can't see it on the photo.

 

Edited by oldcopper
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, oldcopper said:

You should have said! - I've just put one into DNW - it's ex-Spink auction Sept 2016 and is a nice looking coin, though it has two scratches on the Queen's neck. I don't know whether it's got the divot or not, don't know whether it's observable on the photo.

https://www.spink.com/lot/16006002396

Edit - I can't see it on the photo.

 

It is a very nice looking coin.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

Well it definitely won't go out of my head again, Ian - that's for sure !!! ;)

I still haven't had an e mail reply from Ingram. I'm wondering how long to give it before I call them.  

Heard back from them now - they've apologised and offered me my money back or a credit note. Fair enough

 

Quote

 

Sorry to have wrongly described the coin. It was bought from a major UK dealer, who has a good reputation when it comes to Copper coins, and we mistakenly assumed he was correct in calling it F114. Obviously if it’s no good to you, feel free and we will give you a credit note, or refund as you wish.

Regards,  Rendel/Michael Ingram.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 1949threepence said:
Quote

 

Sorry to have wrongly described the coin. It was bought from a major UK dealer, who has a good reputation when it comes to Copper coins, and we mistakenly assumed he was correct in calling it F114. Obviously if it’s no good to you, feel free and we will give you a credit note, or refund as you wish.

Regards,  Rendel/Michael Ingram.

 

 

Bet they don't refund your postage expenses in sending back signed for or special....

let us know if they do !!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

who has a good reputation when it comes to Copper coins

but not so hot at bronze ??????

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2020 at 5:59 PM, Martinminerva said:

Bet they don't refund your postage expenses in sending back signed for or special....

let us know if they do !!

 

I have asked for them. My e mail was as follows:-

Quote

 

 Hi,

Coin returned today via special next day tracked delivery. The tracking No is JS526037219GB.

A refund would be preferred. My bank details are:

xxxxxx

xxxxxxxx

£225.00 + paypal cost £9.00 + cost of return postage £6.60 = £240.60 

Thanks

Sincerely,

 

I forgot to include the 70p cost of the jiffy envelope. Never mind.

It'll be interesting to see what their response is. 

On a separate note, I have never seen the town so deserted. In the post office, I was served immediately as there was no-one else in there.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I imagine they will just refund the amount you asked for. It's not good business to lose a customer over £15.60

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/16/2020 at 9:56 PM, Sword said:

I imagine they will just refund the amount you asked for. It's not good business to lose a customer over £15.60

They haven't done anything so far. The tracked letter was signed for by one of them at 11:32 am yesterday, and I didn't even get so much as an acknowledgement afterwards. 

It doesn't take long to make a payment to someone's bank account - a 5 minute job at most. Am I being unreasonable in expecting this to have been done by now?

I'll call them tomorrow. If I don't get any joy, I'm lodging a complaint with paypal, as it was one of those where the buyer pays 2 weeks down the line, although the seller gets the payment immediately.   

This is quite definitively the last time I ever buy from them, regardless of what they have in stock.   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/12/2020 at 5:31 PM, alfnail said:

Sorry to hear of your experience Mike.

If you are looking for an F114 upgrade then may be worth trying to find one with the added feature of the protrusion from the H as per below.

 

1882La (R + p) Bit above H.jpg

Based on my searches of a limited number of F-114's, it appears to manifest itself on the

F-114 1882     Gouby-BP-1882- La    

but not on the

F-114 1882/1  Gouby-BP-1882-Ma

Edited by Bronze & Copper Collector

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

They haven't done anything so far. The tracked letter was signed for by one of them at 11:32 am yesterday, and I didn't even get so much as an acknowledgement afterwards. 

It doesn't take long to make a payment to someone's bank account - a 5 minute job at most. Am I being unreasonable in expecting this to have been done by now?

I'll call them tomorrow. If I don't get any joy, I'm lodging a complaint with paypal, as it was one of those where the buyer pays 2 weeks down the line, although the seller gets the payment immediately.   

This is quite definitively the last time I ever buy from them, regardless of what they have in stock.   

 

Called a few minutes ago - they'll "get it done in the next day or so".

Wow, such customer commitment. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, secret santa said:

Perhaps they should be referred to this site ?????

Oddly enough that thought also crossed my mind earlier today.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

Called a few minutes ago - they'll "get it done in the next day or so".

Wow, such customer commitment. 

It's an improvement on the postcards they used to send out

keep-calm-and-ain-t-even-bovvered.jpg.thumb.png.96dbae7b3ae92271e4d0c44eb7129948.png

Just kidding (hope it doesn't give them ideas)

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 1949threepence said:
10 hours ago, secret santa said:

Perhaps they should be referred to this site ?????

Oddly enough that thought also crossed my mind earlier today.

Go on, do it !

They really need to know how pee'd off former customers are. Very happy for them to read this comment of mine...

" I bought a few coins from the Ingrams in the early 2010's but then had two bad experiences from them: twice they had mis-described the scarcer varieties I expected to be buying, and ended up sending me normal, common coins. OK, they took them back without any quibble BUT they did not refund my expenses of posting the wrong coins back by signed-for delivery, leaving me a few quid out of pocket for THEIR MISTAKES. Once could have been put down to an error, but twice shows it was deliberate on their part to eke a few more quid out of their customers. Needless to say, I have not ordered again from them in the last 5 years, nor do I ever expect to again. They also massively overgrade and, now, overprice their coins. If you read these posts, Messrs Ingram, perhaps you will understand that business is a two-way process."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Martinminerva said:

Go on, do it !

They really need to know how pee'd off former customers are. Very happy for them to read this comment of mine...

" I bought a few coins from the Ingrams in the early 2010's but then had two bad experiences from them: twice they had mis-described the scarcer varieties I expected to be buying, and ended up sending me normal, common coins. OK, they took them back without any quibble BUT they did not refund my expenses of posting the wrong coins back by signed-for delivery, leaving me a few quid out of pocket for THEIR MISTAKES. Once could have been put down to an error, but twice shows it was deliberate on their part to eke a few more quid out of their customers. Needless to say, I have not ordered again from them in the last 5 years, nor do I ever expect to again. They also massively overgrade and, now, overprice their coins. If you read these posts, Messrs Ingram, perhaps you will understand that business is a two-way process."

I may do, although I want my money back first. I'd also want to clear it with the thread starter @craigy and with @Chris Perkins. See what they think.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 1949threepence said:

I may do, although I want my money back first. I'd also want to clear it with the thread starter @craigy and with @Chris Perkins. See what they think.   

Fair do's. You're right. Maybe they have read all these posts anyway and just don't care!

Their treatment of many forum members and poor business acumen would suggest that is exactly the case!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

I may do, although I want my money back first. I'd also want to clear it with the thread starter @craigy and with @Chris Perkins. See what they think.   

i am happy, they know they are wankers and they know that we know they are wankers but they aint worried about a coin worth a few pounds or a couple of hundred pounds with the coins they have listed, just a pair of pure greedy tossers, who aint even a member of the BNTA ,  i kept getting postal catalogs form them, when i asked them not to send them. so i rip the catalog in half remove my address from the envelope and it and put it back the post, obviously they would have to pick up the postage, i only got my most of my money back cause i threatened to drive to southampton and start knocking on their door, to which they called the police, i would then let the public know about their shady operations whenever they posted on the royal mints facebook page,  has pissed me off thinking about them again, 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any rate, I have got my money back. Didn't notice this in my in box last night. They haven't refunded the cost of tracked delivery postage back, but I'll let that stand as a testament to what they think of good customers. 

 
Quote

 

paypal   19 Mar 2020 19:59:20 GMT
Transaction ID: 2BM96416VK175435K 
 
  The scheduled payment for your R. Ingram Coins purchase has been cancelled  
  Dear Michael Hopkins,

The payment of £234.00 GBP£234.00 GBP that was scheduled for 24 Mar 2020 for your purchase from R. Ingram Coins has been cancelled. No money will be debited from your                                account.

 

To see the transaction details, click the transaction ID link above to log in to your PayPal account. It may take a few moments for this cancellation to appear in your account.

Merchant information
R. Ingram Coins
info@ringramcoins.com
http://www.ringramcoins.com
+44 7730782810
Notes from merchant
None provided





 
 
Invoice Number: 100003597

Yours sincerely,
Your PayPal team
 
 
 
 

Please do not reply to this email. To get in touch with us, click Help & Contact.

 
 

Copyright © 1999-2020 PayPal. All rights reserved.

PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. Société en Commandite par Actions Registered Office: 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg RCS Luxembourg B 118 349

PayPal PPX001681:1.2:75f2121975b7b

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×