British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Suchy100

Pre decimal pennies and farthings

I have been searching through a collection of coins and have found some interesting coins. 

I have a farthing and a penny with King Edwards head on but the text around the head reads "Georgivs"

Can anyone offer an explanation to this please?

Welcome Suchy100 to the predecimal forum.

I am not quite sure what you are looking at - could you post pictures of the coins you are describing?

1 hour ago, Suchy100 said:

I have been searching through a collection of coins and have found some interesting coins. 

I have a farthing and a penny with King Edwards head on but the text around the head reads "Georgivs"

Can anyone offer an explanation to this please?

George V and Edward VII have similar portraits. If facing right and dated 1902-10, it's Edward and the legend says EDWARDVS, if facing left and dated 1911-36, it's George and the legend says GEORGIVS. £ to a penny yours is George. 

• Like 1

that last russian czar was also the mirror image of our george

15 hours ago, copper123 said:

that last russian czar was also the mirror image of our george

But then they were cousins. 

they were