British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

relaxcraft

For Sale 1872 victoria gothic florin cgs slabbed 3 of 3 + others

HI

I have a few items on ebay if anyone is interested...

1872 florin in cgs slab 3 of 3 davies 3a dies  37727 _ FL.V1.1872.01
Top cross does not touch the border beads
   - price reduced serious offers may be concidered

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202246873352?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

1977 bermuda $25 silver proof coin cgs graded

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202246873780?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

2006 fiji $5 christmas day silver proof coin with 24ct gold plate and info card

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202246873671?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Nice coin there but should be under "Items for Sale" 

Hi thanks for letting me know, I've just tried to move the post but for sale seems to be grayed out on the create content menu..??? Im currently signed in, do you know if you have to pay to list for sale ? Offers may be concidered if your interested in any of those items.

Didnt you come on here trying to sell the Florin about eighteen months ago ?

If not it must of been someone else who had it previously, however the comments will be the same.

The florin is way overpriced and unfortunately for yourself the members on here have a good idea of value.

To repeat myself from months ago even if the coin was problem free the cgs price is only £50.

Your own coin in the opinion of the grading company has been cleaned so will be worth even less.

Maybe you are asking a little to much :)

Just had a look and the last time you put the coin on here twelve months ago you wanted £450.

So your obviously heading in the right direction.

Your comments of "i will take it out of the slab and let it retone for 25 years" seems about right.

Only another 24 years to go and sure it will soon pass :)

Hi yes it's the same old florin, I started at 450 as there was an identical coin No. 2of3 this being 3 of 3 an those dies for £600 on london coins. Obviously that one was uncleaned over the year I've reduced it incrimentally. Sure theres florins with original  toning on there for that pice but personally I dont think there is really any better coins for the price in better physical condition. I'm going to wait it out on £250 serious offers concidered.......bearing in mid also that the slab has a lot of scuffing on and the camera flash kind of bleach's the image a bit.

p.s do you know how to list in for sale?

1 hour ago, relaxcraft said:

p.s do you know how to list in for sale?

Previous information was incorrect - you need 30 posts before you can list in the "For Sale" section. Once you have achieved that it is straight forward - just like posting any other thread.

12 hours ago, Paddy said:

Previous information was incorrect - you need 30 posts before you can list in the "For Sale" section. Once you have achieved that it is straight forward - just like posting any other thread.

I dont think this seller should be encouraged Paddy.

The guy has only posted once in twelve months to sell something that is worth two hundred pound less than he is asking.This he is aware of from previous posts and would not like someone oh here or someone who visits the site to feel the coin is being recomended as a good buy.Hardly a contributor to the forum and how do you know you can trust him.

We have another thread for this ....The eBay one :)

Sorry if i am sounding abit harsh relaxcraft....but i am just being myself honest and straight.

• Like 5

Totally agree. Just because the coin is in a slab it doesn't mean you can attach ridiculous prices to them. Cleaned coins lose up to 40% of value depending on harshness and rarity of coin. In UNC condition cleaned it would prob find a home at a vastly reduced price but in VF its a £80 coin @40% so £40 for arguments sake tops any other idea of it being worth £250 is delusional 

First of all I've just gotta say again dont shoot the messenger. I'm not a collector I'm selling on behalf of sombody else.... dont shoot him either by the way..!! lol I might just get upto 30 posts tho so I can list in the correct forum. As you can see from my ebay feeback tho I am an honest person 500+ feedback. I found you a nice coin tho on this website if you looking for under £100 http://www.predecimal.com/florin-1862-good-rare-p-22431.html

Fine looking coin of a similar year only lacking any detail on both sides otherwise very nice, sure you'll agree...???? :-) plus as im sure you will find with my coin there is just so much fine crisp detail there it hardly even looks old..... seems inline with other ebay prices plus other sites.

I'd call £250 hopefull like I said the cgs 2 of 3 was £600 on theire site in similar condition, I suppose its what your into. £350 for a patina that developed all by it's self you could watch one grow on it, thats 24 years of entertainment!..  Anyway rant over

I dont doubt your honesty just your sanity .....Good luck to BOTH of you :)

38 minutes ago, relaxcraft said:

I might just get upto 30 posts tho so I can list in the correct forum.

There really isn't any need, or much point, unless you offer it at a reasonable price. ;)

38 minutes ago, relaxcraft said:

I found you a nice coin tho on this website if you looking for under £100 http://www.predecimal.com/florin-1862-good-rare-p-22431.html

Fine looking coin of a similar year only lacking any detail on both sides otherwise very nice, sure you'll agree...???? :-) plus as im sure you will find with my coin there is just so much fine crisp detail there it hardly even looks old..... seems inline with other ebay prices plus other sites.

You are probably well aware that you're not comparing like with like. The 1862 is one of <600 000. Your 1872 is one of >7 000 000. :rolleyes:

As you say, you are not a collector or expert and so it is probably wise not to insist so strongly on what it is worth. 

You don’t have to worry about anyone here trying to get you to reduce your price with the intention of picking it up on the cheap. Your coin would not appeal even to a budget collector.

The coin you mentioned http://www.predecimal.com/florin-1862-good-rare-p-22431.html
is in fact a very rare date. Have a look at the prices this date fetched at auction:

http://www.londoncoins.co.uk/?page=Pastresults&searchterm=Florin+1862&category=9&searchtype=1

Your coin is of a very common date. Have a look at the auction prices this date fetched in the past:

http://www.londoncoins.co.uk/?page=Pastresults&searchterm=Florin+1872&searchtype=1

Also have a look at this one which is a better date than yours and is of the same variety.

59232c17c6e4c_Untitled-Copy.jpg.00775f0c9798bd1f9e6c95fff02d9c2e - Copy.jpg

It is not a matter of the cleaning removing the “patina”. If you understand coins, the harsh cleaning have left hairlines on the coin making it very uncollectable. Getting it to tone for 25 years won’t make much difference. The hairlines will not go away and will still be obvious to a collector. 

Finally, I am not certain if you know what 3 of 3 actually means. This mean that yours is the worse example of the three that CGS has graded. The second example 2 of 2 that London Coins was trying to sell was probably CGS grade 75 or 78 (UNC) and cannot be compared to yours. And the £600 was only the asking price and might not be the price achieved. 

Edited by Sword

would take anything london coins say with a pinch of salt