British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Coinery

Spink Prices for Regional Mints are less than London??

Any ideas why Spink should price, say, the Edward I Newcastle, York, Lincoln, pennies etc. lower than the more common London variants? The reality is that the values they quote could almost be added ON to the London price, then we'd be close.

So, in the 2013 spink the 3b London is £80 in VF      The York price 'for well struck, full flan coins' is £50

Snobby London bias??

• Like 3

For 3b York is the commonest coin then London , Bristol, Durham and then Canterbury  in order of rarety

4 hours ago, davetmoneyer said:

For 3b York is the commonest coin then London , Bristol, Durham and then Canterbury  in order of rarety

Ok, so a bad example to choose, but what about the other regional mints that spink price down against the London counterparts?

Bury St Eds mint....I have a blind cobblers thumb although it fits handsomely around my pummeled penis....sorry the red is flowing.

• Like 1

For the northern mints of class 3e there is no Southern mints ( inc London ) for that subclass

• Like 1