British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

mrbadexample

Olympic 50ps

Afternoon all,

I feel like I'm getting close with my Olympic 50p collection, so thought it might be time to ask for some help.

I still need 5: aquatics, athletics, badminton, basketball, shooting, triathlon, weightlifting & wrestling.

If anyone has any of these lying about that they'd let me have for 50p each then I'd be delighted. I can't bring myself to pay more than 50p for a 50p, although I will happily swap if I've got something you might want, although that's unlikely. I've got a nice squirrel if that helps.

Cheers, 

MBE :)

Edited by mrbadexample

i had nearly 300 excluding 3 sets for me and the kids until Ingram coins ripped me off and got them for face value, hope they enjoy the profits that they make on there over priced tosh 

Edited by craigy

2 minutes ago, craigy said:

i had nearly 400 excluding 3 sets for me and the kids until Ingram coins ripped me off and got them for face value, hope they enjoy the profits that they make on there over priced tosh 

Why did they get them at face value? Surely it was you that made the decision to sell at that price? :huh:

I paid more for some.

Like any coin, it's always nicer to have a really good one rather than a crappy one for face value.

I only have archery left  to get rid of as currency.

I have an Athletics BU in mint pack to go too though.

It would be nice to have the full set but the decimals just don't interest me enough to pay more than face value for them (although I might pay £1 when I only need one more). Most of them are still in sufficiently good nick. They'll all turn up in due course, I'm sure. I got given the football one last week. :)

I can let you have Aquatics, Athletics and Badminton for face value plus £1 for postage and packing, if you are interested?

14 minutes ago, Paddy said:

I can let you have Aquatics, Athletics and Badminton for face value plus £1 for postage and packing, if you are interested?

Brilliant Paddy, yes please. Can you PM me some payment details? :D

1 hour ago, mrbadexample said:

Why did they get them at face value? Surely it was you that made the decision to sell at that price? :huh:

this will be easier lol

6 minutes ago, craigy said:

this will be easier lol

Ahh...like that. :( I take it there was no satisfactory resolution?

3 hours ago, mrbadexample said:

Afternoon all,

I feel like I'm getting close with my Olympic 50p collection, so thought it might be time to ask for some help.

I still need 5: aquatics, athletics, badminton, basketball, shooting, triathlon, weightlifting & wrestling.

If anyone has any of these lying about that they'd let me have for 50p each then I'd be delighted. I can't bring myself to pay more than 50p for a 50p, although I will happily swap if I've got something you might want, although that's unlikely. I've got a nice squirrel if that helps.

Cheers, 

MBE :)

Afternoon Mr B, just going through my spares and have got shooting and triathlon so far if you still need them

Also found basketball and weightlifting, cant help with the wrestling I'm afraid

Will I'd be chuffed to bits. Can you let me know what you want for postage and PM me some payment details please? :D

I can no longer edit my first post, but it should now read: 

I need 1: wrestling.

Big thanks to Paddy and Will. :)

I think that the wrestling one is generally scarcer - I need that one too. :-) 

I guess that shouldn't come as any great surprise DrP. It'll turn up. The day after my Kew, probably. :)

I've got 14 different spare ones after doing a bank run last June to find the two I was missing (Fencing and Taekwondo), but no Wrestling I'm afraid, Jon.

On 20/02/2018 at 9:04 PM, Stuntman said:

I've got 14 different spare ones after doing a bank run job last June to find the two I was missing (Fencing and Taekwondo), but no Wrestling I'm afraid, Jon.

Fixed that for you.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2018 at 9:04 PM, Stuntman said:

I've got 14 different spare ones after doing a bank run last June to find the two I was missing (Fencing and Taekwondo), but no Wrestling I'm afraid, Jon.

Appreciate you looking, thanks. :)

I now have a full set of Olympic 50ps. :D

• Like 1

I'm about halfway to a full set of BU mint pack coins now, but I refuse to pay over 5 quid for any of them.

I have all 29 currency ones all near mint, but they pretty much paid for themselves with the spares I sold :)

I've got a spare complete set in cards in the official RM folder that I will sell at some stage, ideally in their entirety all at once.  Bought 2 by mistake back in 2012 (the online transaction went through twice) and was too lazy to return the second set.  They seem to be worth more than what I paid to the RM, so I remain very happy with the error!

Anyone wanna swap a George Cohen for a Nobby Stiles?

• Like 1

I'm still looking for an aquatics to make the full set. Must get off my backside as they can hardly be described as rare.

About 99% of those miinted are being safely stored by people who believe they are rare, thus making the appearance of them rather less likely in general.

12 hours ago, Stuntman said:

I've got a spare complete set in cards in the official RM folder that I will sell at some stage, ideally in their entirety all at once.  Bought 2 by mistake back in 2012 (the online transaction went through twice) and was too lazy to return the second set.  They seem to be worth more than what I paid to the RM, so I remain very happy with the error!

Unlikely thinks will change as decimals are getting lots of publicity at the moment