British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

copper123

More potter trix

Hi Rob,

"they realise they have been stung, but in every case they acknowledge it was their own fault".

They were either stung or it was their own fault, but not both. 

In any situation one can attribute self blame (unless hands were literally tied!) but this mis-selling is happening en masse and should become a corporate governance issue such as PPI. In such cases, laws helping our society deem it not to be the individuals fault, even if they do bravely try and take responsibility. 

Clearly some coins have been good long term investments. Whether that will continue to be the case who knows but at least dealing in these type of coins, one has evidence to suggest they may well be a good investment. However, these other shysters should not be allowed to ride off the back of real numismatics and ruin all that is good about it for future generations.

I surgest a similar thing happened with the undated 20p and the kew gardens 50p .

Someone then leaked this "News" and these items soared in value

At least the undated 20p is a genuinely unintentional mule and therefore of some numismatic interest. :)

The Battle of Britain 50p has no denomination when in the RM packs, surely that should also be listed as a mule of dubious intention?

Yes it is getting a bit much,you only need two rabbits to make a good stew.

• Like 2

Proves the old chinese proverb

"when two rabbits are put together you soon get five rabbits"

I started collecting 50p as a bit of fun from my serious collecting. I collected all the British commemorative 50ps, the 29 Olympic coins, all the Gibraltar & IOM Christmas 50ps ... but every time I check there always seems to be another dozen to collect! I've just noticed I'm now missing FIVE penguin 50ps (2017) from the Falklands (6 with the rare withdrawn one!); EIGHT 2017 50p coins from the IOM commemorating the Queen's platinum wedding anniversary, and now learn there are another FOUR Beatrix Potter ones scheduled for 2018. It does indeed seem they've vamped up the commemorative coins to record high!

21 minutes ago, Descartes said:

I started collecting 50p as a bit of fun from my serious collecting. I collected all the British commemorative 50ps, the 29 Olympic coins, all the Gibraltar & IOM Christmas 50ps ... but every time I check there always seems to be another dozen to collect! I've just noticed I'm now missing FIVE penguin 50ps (2017) from the Falklands (6 with the rare withdrawn one!); EIGHT 2017 50p coins from the IOM commemorating the Queen's platinum wedding anniversary, and now learn there are another FOUR Beatrix Potter ones scheduled for 2018. It does indeed seem they've vamped up the commemorative coins to record high!

Don't forget the Mint Your Own 2018 Isaac and the 2 Paddington Bears as well ;)

WIN_20180227_19_22_00_Pro.jpg

• Like 1

Hope they refund the original buyers as they fraudulently bought their coins under the impresion of a limited edition