British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Chris Perkins

Collectors' Bank Notes 2006

I know you people are all coin people, and so am I!

As most of you will know, I had the daunting task of making a few books new and improved. I did the CCGB2005 and the "Roman Base Metal Coins - A Price Guide" myself, and I'm lucky enough to have found someone to re-new the established "Collectors' Coins Ireland". I also have a very nice man working on "Roman Silver Coins - A Price Guide" and 3 other people working on brand new books. The George III coin book was not top priority....

But, the banknote book was top priorty, and I have not been unable to get anyone to do it for me! I had someone interested, but they wanted to publish it themselves too, and we can't have that can we. Other banknote experts were too busy, and/or working on books of there own.

So, I'm doing it myself, and I can say that it is quite a learning curve. I've purchased a couple of good banknote reference books and I'm in the process of creating "Collectors' Bank notes 2006" (that title will probably remain unchanged) right now. I'll still need help with the price gathering, perhaps I'll ask you lot to help out with that.

For anyone that wants to see, this is a link to the first 20 pages:

http://www.rotographic.co.uk/books/BankNotes2006.pdf

There are a few gaps here and there, mainly concerning missing pictures and the contents page. The images are all low resolution and compressed in this sample, to make it an easy size to download. The printed version and final download versions will of course be sharper.

What do you think? I'm actually starting to get in to banknotes a bit as I'm doing this! By the way, all the images so far are of notes that belong to me....I had to buy a whole collection so that I could make good enough scans of the notes. There will probably be a banknote section appearing on predecimal.com when the book is done, to sell the notes through (if I don't keep them!)

Are you going to mention the Nazi fakes?

Great start, Chris! I look forward to seeing the end result.

Spotted a typo - first page "preceeding" only has one e. :P

Looking good so far, just reading it is giving me visions of owning some of those pictured notes..but then I look at the price!!!

The passages at the begining of each section are an interesting read. It would be brilliant if this continued throughout the book...

Good work indeed, I also look forward to the end result :)

Edited by Master Jmd

There will probably be a banknote section appearing on predecimal.com when the book is done, to sell the notes through (if I don't keep them!)

Depending in the price I will be interested in some of them.

I will as well be interested in the book, as I am into both coins and notes...

I think that helping you with this would be a good learing experience for me, but I think that we can talk about this by email or even by phone.

Drop me a line some time.

I just posted a link to this book in answer to a query on another forum. But I did wonder, is there a 2008 available as the download says 2006? And any plans for an update? In case anyone asks ...

My word, Master JMD's posts must have taken up quite a lot of forum space!

Printed (2008) version out of print. Download version can probably be arranged but I don't think it's offered anywhere. Would very much like to do a new edition, but it could be a way off.