British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Paddy

Henry III Penny query

A friend has asked me to get a full identification of this Henry III penny. We believe it is Roger of Canterbury, but we are not sure of which class - can someone please clarify?

Henry III query 1 red.JPG

Henry III query 2 red.JPG

• Like 1

If you look in Spinks you will find that Roger only struck for Henry III class 6c -7b style is for class 7

40 minutes ago, davetmoneyer said:

If you look in Spinks you will find that Roger only struck for Henry III class 6c -7b style is for class 7

Yes - I had got that far, wasn't sure which class. There also seems to be a rare 6x for Canterbury for which we were hopeful! Is it 7a or 7b then?

Its class 7a3. The 7bs of Roger at Canterbury usually end in a pellet after Can & the A is square topped in 7bs. Spink 1356A.

Edited by Ukstu
  • Like 1

Brilliant - thanks Stuart! I will pass on to my friend.

• Like 1