British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Gaz T

Henry V Quarter Noble

Hi

Sorry about the scan it does not do this coin justice.

I have searched for the same reverse of my coin but to no avail. Would there be a reference to the spelling mistake.

EXCULTABITUR. IN. GLORIA.

My coin has the Excultabitur with the spelling   EXCULTABTUR. Missing the i.

Thanks for any help.

Henry V quarter Noble rev 001 (2).jpg

Henry V Quarter noble ob 001 (2).jpg

• Like 1

I made a right pigs ear of that post ! the legend should read, EXALTABITUR IN GLORIA mine reads EXCULTABTUR IN GLORIA.

Its 1.7g  and  19mm across.

Found a couple of pics of the Spink 1757 on the net with the legend reading EXCULTABITUR, but no information on the spelling mistake as mine has missing I, would anyone know of a reference to the reverse of my coin i can look up ?

Thanks for any help.