British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
copper123

headline in the bbc

My farourite newspaper headline from the seventies was

"MPS use heath for sex " issueing from a newspaper in 1973 , they had obviously forgoten about our Ted

A good day to bury bad news.  Somewhat rehearsed? ;)

• Like 1

On 1/19/2018 at 10:42 PM, copper123 said:

My farourite newspaper headline from the seventies was

"MPS use heath for sex " issueing from a newspaper in 1973 , they had obviously forgoten about our Ted

That was probably deliberate. The press are well known for intentional ambiguity.

When the Soviet spy Klaus Fuchs was released from prison in 1959, one headline read "Fuchs Off - flies to East Germany". 

• Like 1

Ah yes there were rumours for years about ted and I surpose the journalists would have liked a laugh along with their pint in the press club at the weekend.

thats someone whos life savings are carried round in her bag

Today on the BBC- the commentator on the Ladies Curling said that

during the tricky match our girls were in, they were  "trying to be offensive"....

Maybe it was the camera angles, but they looked quite nice......

• Like 4

Last week there was a great moment on the Beeb: Politics Today were interviewing the guy who'd just started a Remain Party. They were in the studio, he was on the pavement outside the building where his group were holding a press conference.

Suddenly the presenter puts her hand to her earpiece and says "I'm just hearing that one of your supporters has walked out of the press conference. Is that true?"

"Yes. That was me, so I could be interviewed by you." :lol:

• Like 3

On 2/15/2018 at 1:41 PM, Sword said:

Woman joins handbag in X-ray machine ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-43057574

Don't know if that machine is on continuously, as opposed to just millisecond random snaps, but if so, she risks serious long term health problems as a result of radiation exposure. 

I imagine she works in our village Chinese.It is on the way home from my local and I can't resist dry spare ribs and plain chow mein. ...I've tried fried eggs and toast but it misses the mark..harwoh Peter the usual and I'm hooked.