British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Ukstu

Edward id

Can anybody give me a precise classification on this coin. I can't decide whether its a class 11 coin of Ed 2 or a slightly earlier one of Ed 1. Thanks. 

JointPics_20180112_092010.JPG

According to Withers , “The Galatea guide to the Pennies of Edward I and II”those with terminal stops at the end of the legend are all 10cf

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Richard2 said:

According to Withers , “The Galatea guide to the Pennies of Edward I and II”those with terminal stops at the end of the legend are all 10cf

Thanks Paddy. I don't have that one in my Library yet. It is 2nd to top of my to buy list though. 

I’m not Irish you know,😂

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Richard2 said:

I’m not Irish you know,😂

Oops 😂.  Sorry. I thought it was Paddy who had replied to it lol. 

Hi Class II also has terminal stops also ( Galata pg 38) to identify class 11 the crown has a damaged LH spearhead for all subclasses and mints. The coin illustrated above is class 10 c-e

• Like 1

Cheers Dave.