British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Going off subject for a moment........I`ve heard of these Chavs before, who the hell are they, are they the modern version of Teddy Boys, or something. I assume there the ones you see walking round with there socks tucked into their shell suits, with baseball caps and hoodies??

Upon my recent visit to the United Kingdom, I heard this word being used a couple of times too. I asked my good friend Neil about its meaning. He said apparently it means something like "Council Housed And Valueless".

So yes, the ones you see walking round with there socks tucked into their shell suits, with baseball caps and hoodies is probably fairly accurate.

Sorry to start the Chav thread. :(

Examples.....

Rooney and his girlfriend...(plenty of footballers) Michael Carroll (Blingboy & lottery winner),Argos jewellery fans,Burberry check/stone island soccer hooligans.

The list goes on.

Unfortunate side effects of the materialistic 21 Century where designer is more important than design.

A Chav would just love a sovereign set with diamonds stuck onto his mobile phone.

Just type Chav into google & read and weep. :ph34r:

mark1.jpg

At last, we see what Oli looks like ;)

I think steam came out of my ears then.

Every week in the 'Slough Express' at least one of the pages has an article titled 'Group of Chavs Attack Pensioner for a Fiver' etc...

They are rarely seen in Grammar or Private schools. They are found en masse around Secondary schools, pestering everyone as they walk past (I always walk on the other side of the road when passing the Secondary school that I pass on my way to school).

I suppose there were Chavs at my secondary school in the 90's, even if they didn't have that name then. Although I must say that they were rare, probably only 1 or 2 per form group, and they certainly didn't have Burberry caps then.

I suppose there were Chavs at my secondary school in the 90's, even if they didn't have that name then. Although I must say that they were rare, probably only 1 or 2 per form group, and they certainly didn't have Burberry caps then.

Its a very new name, the dictionary that I have (published 2004) lists words like 'dunno' etc... and 'chav' is not in there.

Edit: 1600th Post :)

Edited by Master Jmd

You see them on the telly in Germany, on the day time equivalent of Trisha etc.

They don't quite have the same dress code, but you still find yourself wondering why on earth these useless individuals don't get jobs and sort out their lives. Mainly I find myself wondering what purpose they have on this earth, apart from being exploited on daytime TV and being there to fill up council flats that should really never have been built (note: not all council flat tenants are chavs).

Any of you people know East London at all??? (probably not). There's this building you see to the right when travelling down the A12 and a couple of miles from the mouth of the Blackwall tunnel (at one point it's in the same view as Canary Wharf). It is absolutely the most awful beige double block of council flats (joined with elevated walkways) that I have ever seen in any town of city in either the UK or Germany. It is my most hated building by a long way, and thousands of people have to look at it everyday when queuing to go under the tunnel.

I expect it's full to the brim with Chavs! That area (which is probably part of Bow) has a large population of asian and black people. I've noticed that all the Chavs I've seen so far have been white. Do asian or black chavs exist?

Nice to meet you Oli, at last !

Dear God that thing is not me!

Sorry Oli... we all associate that image with your name now... if the cap fits... :) :)

Perhaps I should post one of myself to dispel some myths.

...moments later: ok here I am sitting on a bridge over the Seine in Paris, with considerably shorter hair than I have now. Definitely NOT that person above.

61931620_l.jpg

Oli

Is that an Argos catalogue in your hand? :D

I think it's a guide to the Musee d'Orsay ACTUALLY

I have to say Oli - I was a tad disappointed in your pic. I know it must be hot and all, and no doubt a chore to get through customs, but I had hoped for a glimpse of the crown. If that sounds a lot ruder than intended - I am of course referring to the Imperial insignia worn on the head. Otherwise we will start to worry that the only Emperor to Oli is "Emporio Armani"...

I have to say Oli - I was a tad disappointed in your pic. I know it must be hot and all, and no doubt a chore to get through customs, but I had hoped for a glimpse of the crown. If that sounds a lot ruder than intended - I am of course referring to the Imperial insignia worn on the head. Otherwise we will start to worry that the only Emperor to Oli is "Emporio Armani"...

The Sun kept reflecting off all the gold and jewels so they had to be done away with for that picture. Moments later I was clad in ermine and precious metal, have no fear.

Guest Peter_I'm_a_Guest

BLING :lol:

Chav in three words: scruffy little scruffs

The Sun kept reflecting off all the gold and jewels so they had to be done away with for that picture.  Moments later I was clad in ermine and precious metal, have no fear.

Ah yes. I know the sort of thing. Like that leisure suit Geoff wears in his avatar.

I was thinking of having my house ermine clad. At least it would look stoatally different from everyone elses...

Edited by TomGoodheart

personally think u guys all on drugs in this section but hey each 2 his own...cant see pic of da emperor tho :lol:

so have to go with the idiot pic posted earlier...can just imagine him bedecked with jewels :P

NOOO! I missed the pic of Oli!!

My school is near liverpool. A few chavs in the older years

Essex is chav central...I thankfully, am not a chav and get quite offended when referred to as one. My home town is littered with chavs sitting around not having anything to do on a saturday GET A JOB, they are so lazy.