British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Peckris

Unread Content button playing up.

When I returned to predecimal, I started going back through unread topics, first the current ones, then ones listed under "Earlier" going back in time (a few at a time). When I got back to a topic from mid January last year, I stopped, and have been using that as a marker for "I've read everything recent now".

However, today I noticed something odd. Several topics not marked as 'unread' were sitting above that January 2017 topic. I decided to click through them so they disappeared, which they did only to be replaced by others. In fact there is a total of 7 topics there, all marked as "read", and even if I go into them, the total remains at 7, though they are different after I've clicked in to make them go away. They are all dated after January 2017, and are marked as "Read". The 'Unread content' filters show I'm only supposed to be seeing stuff I haven't read, so why are there 7 read topics sitting at the top of the "Earlier" list? What do I have to do to make them go away?

Not a clue, but I have noticed on the odd occasion that a previous unread content star doesn't clear initially when returning to the main menu. Not to be confused with having read the content on page x, but not subsequent posts on page x+1

Forget it - since posting this, it's gone back to normal!

Ok, so the same as me, just displaced by 12 months. :)

:lol:

The topic I keep as the marker is called something like Third or fourth head on Victorian shillings

It's happened again. :angry: Seems to happen only if I reply to an old topic, i.e. earlier than the latest 'Unread topic' which in my case is early January 2017. 

I have no idea how it resolved itself last time - I can only hope it resolves itself again. Sigh.