British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Coinbuyer555

1825 Halfcrown ef/unc

Raw 1825 half crown with high quality fields and around unc, in my opinion.

Make an offer.

DSCN0341.JPG

DSCN0342.JPG

Edited by Coinbuyer555

VF and polished.

2/7d

• Like 1

Ignore that! It's minimum EF but the downside are the scuff marks on the obverse. It doesn't look polished as Peter suggests, but it may well have been wiped quite hard with an unsuitable cloth.

Silver dip? Harsh cleaning and not near EF.Sorry to disagree Peck but this is what a good forum debate is about. I personally couldn't give it a place in my collection.

Maybe 2/8d and flip asap. Maybe the boiled egg treatment could calm it down.

Yeah, possibly dipped, and I wouldn't have it in my collection either.

As for the wear, the reverse photo is not in focus so difficult to judge, but the obvious bits of the portrait - finer hair detail, ear, nose, chin, edge of bust - show virtually no signs of wear so I'd have to give minimum "EF for wear" on that alone.

If it's anything like my coins in photographs its probably 10x better in the hand than from top down photo with all the light on 1 side. reverse although a little off focus looks lustered obverse has all the detail of an EF . Just a little bright for my taste  but we know pictures are very deceptive. I could show you a coin and you would all prob say VF. But if you saw it in the hand you would know it's UNC. 3D object with 2D image are mostly unflattering IMO for what it's worth :)

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this