British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Richard2

Very small medieval silver coin id needed

Hi, a friend has asked where this coin might be from . I’ve exhausted all my ideas ( google images) and was hoping someone here will be able to help. Only about 8 mm diametre . Pictures not that good as taken down the pub . But reverse shows a fleur de lis cross and the obverse has what appears to be a knight with a shield in one hand and sword in the other.

many thanks Richard 

D709D377-C9A0-465B-81C8-0FA8AF7526AC.jpeg

E974D721-5D6E-442A-A29E-441D6938B03B.jpeg

Are you certain that it is a fleur de lys cross and not crossed keys? Any idea of the metal, because I think it might be an early sack seal, which would be lead.

Certainly looks like fleur de lis and although I’m not 100% sure it looks to me like silver, very thin as well