British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Coinery

Lovely Eddie farthing

An annoying and hopeful wait for a lovely little farthing came to an end just 2 days before pay day! It was mine! I wanted it! I looked at it every day, hoping nobody else would spot it, and now it’s gone!

E99A0185-BDEE-4729-951A-1E7D53B8447A.jpeg

Edited by Coinery
  • Like 3

Bad luck mate. It stings a little when that happens. Hope you find another suitable candidate in the near future. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matteo95 said:

Really nice :)

Congrats 

Not mine, sadly! Would have been tomorrow, though, had it not been spotted by someone else! :(

• Like 1

It wasn't me!! :P

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Coinery said:

Not mine, sadly! Would have been tomorrow, though, had it not been spotted by someone else! :(

ops ... sorry , I didn't read carefully ...

• Like 1

That really is a great looking example too. Wish mine looked that nice, Its a shame you didn't get this one!

• Like 1

On 12/19/2017 at 0:42 AM, Coinery said:

An annoying and hopeful wait for a lovely little farthing came to an end just 2 days before pay day! It was mine! I wanted it! I looked at it every day, hoping nobody else would spot it, and now it’s gone!

E99A0185-BDEE-4729-951A-1E7D53B8447A.jpeg

Bad luck, Stu :( what a little gem too. It really annoys me when one has ones eye on a nice little coin and it gets whipped away due to procrastination/finances etc grrrrrr! The same thing happened to me recently on a lovely Edward I penny class 7a which was 'buy it now' on ebay, I was watching it all day on my phone, and when I finally got home from work and was in a position to buy it... it was sold!

A slight diversion - could anyone actually ID my previously refferred to, beat up little farthing for me please?

It'd be much appreciated, as far as I could get was Eddie. Farthing. Small (~10ish mm, its a 15mm flip)

WIN_20171222_17_45_02_Pro.jpgWIN_20171222_17_45_29_Pro.jpg

On 20/12/2017 at 10:14 AM, Matteo95 said:

Edited by Coinery

@Descartes not this one perchance? 391903080227

i also watched this, thinking as always about how I could cook the books until month’s end! Things are getting better, so the past 7a and farthing will not pass me by so easily by in the future! :) 

4 hours ago, Unwilling Numismatist said:

A slight diversion - could anyone actually ID my previously refferred to, beat up little farthing for me please?

It'd be much appreciated, as far as I could get was Eddie. Farthing. Small (~10ish mm, its a 15mm flip)

WIN_20171222_17_45_02_Pro.jpgWIN_20171222_17_45_29_Pro.jpg

Type 30, will look it up later when I’m home! ?

Edited by Coinery

Like this one, but your’s is 30b

All other references remain the same! 

9DEF3ED1-132E-4F2A-9C3F-4923BFA91AC7.jpeg

Edited by Coinery

Thank you Coinery :)

It doesn't mean a vast amount (at the moment) but will probably give me hours of fun in the futire when I try to understand these hammered blighters.

On 12/22/2017 at 8:38 PM, Coinery said:

@Descartes not this one perchance? 391903080227

i also watched this, thinking as always about how I could cook the books until month’s end! Things are getting better, so the past 7a and farthing will not pass me by so easily by in the future! :) 

Hi Stu,

Apologies for the delay. Was travelling home for Christmas! The 7a penny I was watching was this one. Serves me right for procrastinating... next time I see one, I will buy it instantly! :D hope you have a great Christmas. Descartes

IMG_2958.PNG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Descartes said:

Hi Stu,

Apologies for the delay. Was travelling home for Christmas! The 7a penny I was watching was this one. Serves me right for procrastinating... next time I see one, I will buy it instantly! :D hope you have a great Christmas. Descartes

IMG_2958.PNG

And a very merry Christmas to you too, Sir! :)