British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Paulus

Penny Acquisition of the week

It certainly beats my previous specimen, a fine example that cost me twice as much!

I doubt the other will arrive before we leave for Japan and my boys wedding, so here is the Ebay link. An F25, really quite scarce in this condition, and better than my one that I paid a couple of ton for. All for about £14 inc postage.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331890976914?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Jerry

• Like 1

Behave  your getting carried away :)

One thing i would mention .....and to other forum members....Keep any good purchase to yourself until you have received it  ;)

Some grass out there :rolleyes: who will try to steal or offer more ....and you never know who is reading this forum......UNDER COVER :ph34r:

Believe me ......plenty of sad people......BOOOOOOOOOOO.

Hat off JERRY.....have a nice time.

Pete.

Edited by PWA 1967
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, PWA 1967 said:

Behave  your getting carried away :)

One thing i would mention .....and to other forum members....Keep any good purchase to yourself until you have received it  ;)

Some grass out there :rolleyes: who will try to steal or offer more ....and you never know who is reading this forum......UNDER COVER :ph34r:

Believe me ......plenty of sad people......BOOOOOOOOOOO.

Hat off JERRY.....have a nice time.

Pete.

Quite so Pete, but I'm following the tracking with this one?!

Jerry

I did not think otherwise Jerry.

But its in everyones interest either buyers ......or interferers...... to leave off the forum a few days :)

Its one of the reasons i did another thread a couple of months ago ....TRUTH OR HONESTY.

:ph34r:

Keep smiling and be lucky.

Pete.

Maybe all the unidentified coins coming out of the woodwork on ebay gives hope to all, however I was recently 2nd on a recent "rarer" 1/4d (bid trebled in last 10 seconds).

Well done Jerry for your recent successes.

ok then I will raise you, these from the other week

1037864.jpg

£9.94 thats with the postage ;)

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Peter said:

Maybe all the unidentified coins coming out of the woodwork on ebay gives hope to all, however I was recently 2nd on a recent "rarer" 1/4d (bid trebled in last 10 seconds).

Well done Jerry for your recent successes.

Did I miss one Peter? 

12 hours ago, Colin G. said:

Did I miss one Peter? 

Triple tie ribbon 1736 Colin.Nothing to write home about so sniped accordingly.(F with eye appeal)....Typical coin overlooked by seller(who is a busy ebay dealer). I did get a nice cut John 1d Ipswich mint delivered for the price of a fish supper:)

Oh dear...I must be turning completist :o although I believe the cut halves & quarters do round off a King and mint nicely.

Another one cracked out of the slab ,looked a few times but .........:)

Swapped it a couple of weeks ago ,but sure i will eventually find a really nice one.

Not easy to find that are decent but 1869 thats better than a washer :)

sg.jpg

• Like 2

Still a nice one. I can see why you ummed and ahhed about it though ;) 

where was this triple tie ribbon.. been after one for ages :(

if you dont want that 1869, ;)

Edited by scott

2 hours ago, Nordle11 said:

Still a nice one. I can see why you ummed and ahhed about it though ;) 

Actually not that bad and better than the picture IMO.

Will sell it at sometime in the future when i find a nice one :)

On 6/28/2016 at 3:57 PM, jelida said:

It certainly beats my previous specimen, a fine example that cost me twice as much!

I doubt the other will arrive before we leave for Japan and my boys wedding, so here is the Ebay link. An F25, really quite scarce in this condition, and better than my one that I paid a couple of ton for. All for about £14 inc postage.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331890976914?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Jerry

Neat - well played, Jerry. Just shows it often pays off to search through the foreign e bay listings. I've noticed that the scarce/rare 1861 varieties are quite often overlooked.   

1038097.jpg

1038096.jpg

lacquered 1916... but a nice detailed obverse (and poor reverse to make up for it :D)

1038095.jpg

1038094.jpg

1038093.jpg

1038091.jpg

1862 Penny, I in BRITT is aligned to the first T and also points to tooth

1038088.jpg

1861 penny with I over lower I in BRITT

1038089.jpg

something down at the bottom of the date area cant really tell.

Bought this at Lockdale's recently - it's the Obverse D variant with A pointing to a tooth - I've been looking for one since Terry discovered it. This is Lockdale's photo as I haven't received it yet.

1860 D2 obv - Copy.jpg

• Like 3

Well spotted! I must have looked at hundreds , and haven't spotted another one. I wish I'd kept tabs on how many, did you? These will remain quite rare, I think.

Jerry

This is only the 5th one that I've come across since Terry announced it so they must be reasonably rare, as you say.

Have you decided not to sell any Richard.....only as you were sending a list out ?.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PWA 1967 said:

Have you decided not to sell any Richard.....only as you were sending a list out ?.

Seconded :ph34r:

Oh yes I remember now

1 hour ago, Nordle11 said:

Seconded :ph34r:

Thirded ;)

Good buy S S

On ‎15‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 11:36 AM, secret santa said:

Bought this at Lockdale's recently - it's the Obverse D variant with A pointing to a tooth - I've been looking for one since Terry discovered it. This is Lockdale's photo as I haven't received it yet.

1860 D2 obv - Copy.jpg

You've found one at last Richard . Did they know what they were selling , or was it a bargain. As to the Rarity , this is only the fifth in three years of me looking.   Terry

Hi Terry

Lockdales didn't know what it was and their estimate was £20-30 but someone else knew as they bid me up to £130. Time will tell whether it was a bargain.

R