British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  

plenty of that stuff around in the midlands on sunday as well:angry:

1 hour ago, copper123 said:

plenty of that stuff around in the midlands on sunday as well:angry:

It was ok. Up at 5, left for the Midland at half 5, so no sign of snow until past Crewe and it only took 20 minutes longer than usual to get to the museum. And it was a good day to boot. Maybe a third or so of the dealers appeared and probably not many more than that number of visitors - but having made it to the fair, everybody had plenty of space for a relaxing look around the tables and good money was spent. :)

All those who didn't go also missed the free entry. 

9 hours ago, Rob said:

It was ok. Up at 5, left for the Midland at half 5, so no sign of snow until past Crewe and it only took 20 minutes longer than usual to get to the museum. And it was a good day to boot. Maybe a third or so of the dealers appeared and probably not many more than that number of visitors - but having made it to the fair, everybody had plenty of space for a relaxing look around the tables and good money was spent. :)

All those who didn't go also missed the free entry. 

not much of a freebie if  only half the dealers there - one even bought his coins but had no price list so I was stuck staring at coins i could not buy - might as well have gone to a museum

Edited by copper123

'not much of a freebie if  only half the dealers there - one even bought his coins but had no price list so I was stuck staring at coins i could not buy - might as well have gone to a museum'

At the large fairs there isn't enough time to look at every table, so the larger space combined with less to look at made the whole day more relaxing - nobody elbowing their way in and shunting people sideways. Also, less is more, as a surfeit of choice usually results in prevarication with most potential customers continually drifting from one table to the next and never making their mind up. Fewer things available tempts people to spend longer considering the options, and usually brings a positive result. I always do better at the smaller ones. Nearly a hundred dealers only gives people a few minutes per table at the most to look at what is on offer, and if they stop to buy, that gives even less time to look at the rest. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rob said:

'not much of a freebie if  only half the dealers there - one even bought his coins but had no price list so I was stuck staring at coins i could not buy - might as well have gone to a museum'

At the large fairs there isn't enough time to look at every table, so the larger space combined with less to look at made the whole day more relaxing - nobody elbowing their way in and shunting people sideways. Also, less is more, as a surfeit of choice usually results in prevarication with most potential customers continually drifting from one table to the next and never making their mind up. Fewer things available tempts people to spend longer considering the options, and usually brings a positive result. I always do better at the smaller ones. Nearly a hundred dealers only gives people a few minutes per table at the most to look at what is on offer, and if they stop to buy, that gives even less time to look at the rest. 

I must admit it was more pleasant and less like a train in rush hour